Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting an aftermarket sunroof install. Has anyone got one installed. If so what type was it (flip, internal slide, etc.) Waht size is it?How much did you pay. Do you have an additional thoughts or ideas?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
From what I've read in other forums, forget aftermarket sunroofs. Seems to be a lot of problems with fit, operation, leaks, etc

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I was "this close" to getting one installed in my Avalanche, having got an installed price of $900 for a webasto internal glass moonroof (through one of the connections I have) I could not turn it down.....

Till a couple days after getting my quote I turn on the TV and watch "TRUCKS" with Stacy on SpikeTV, and they installed a sunroof in a truck... in order to do so, they cut out the cross roof support, so now, there is no side to side support on the roof at all.

How flimsy the roof was without that support turned me away from aftermarket roofs, and now have the point of view of them, that if it aint from the factory... dont do it

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
bko, your comments about how you like the car are spilling over into threads in which they have no place, be warned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have a factory sun roof i ours and its wonderful! I mean, we don't if it will leak in ten years but it has-
1. factory buttons with one touch it opes ann the way or closes all the way.
2. you can crack the rear and still leave it in place for venting and makes it look good from the outside.
3. its got solar covering of some sort so the sun isn't too obtursive.
4. has a factory door that closes and matches the headliner.
5. Its quiet, no sound leakes there.

Hope it helps : ).

Murunga

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd have to say that if you go with a good aftermarket store that offers a lifetime no leak warranty, it would be fine (especially cause the factory one is almost a grand added to the car). as well as your headliner isnt dropped 2 inches.

secondarilly-
I'm 6'5" when I look at cars my height is a MAJOR consideration, in all factory sunroofs the car's ceiling liner is actually lowered 1-2 inches to fit the glass between the celing and the exterior - this sucks for me. every car that has a sunroof I have to put my head in the FRIGGIN HOLE when I sit in it. sometimes I actually have to open the sunroof and pull a "harry and the hendersons" with it.

sorry for the rant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts