Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the weather finally is starting to break and the cool air coming back, we were excited to spend the day racing in New Hamshire today with a lot of other HEMI's and with decent weather finally, TorRed #1179, aka Rob, who holds the record for the fastest trap speed with a 5.7L, n.a., also is now the quickest Charger 5.7L naturally aspirated, too, running a 12.5 in the quarter mile at full weight. We were still 2 mph under where we should have been had the air and track been better but the cooler air is definately helping drop his times. By November's big Englishtown race, I think we'll see at least another two tenths off his time. Even more amazing, today Rob was once again the fastest LX HEMI all motor, beating out all of the highly modified 6.1L's running our competitors big Heads and Cam combinations. Bipto was a close second with a very respectable 12.6s pass.

Rob runs our HHP Stage 3 heads and cam package (heads, cam, custom tuning, torque converter, etc.) with long tube headers, Corsa catback, Airaid intake and Mickey Thompson drag slicks.

Congrats Rob!

Here's a few picks of Rob and also Derrick (GhostFace Mag) who ran his 5.7L Charger today.

Joshua, HHP

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats..

Congrats Rob, wish I was there with you guys. Looks like 12.5s are in fashion this weekend :) :). Be sure update the Official 12 Second thread.

It still amazes me how close our cars run against each other....hopefully we can get back together sometime this fall.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats Chris! RobAGD gave me the full update on your runs today at MIR. That's just awesome. You and Rob are the first 5.7L's in the 12.5's all motor from my understanding. What a huge accomplishment. And the times are only going to get better as the fall approaches. Nice trap speed, too. Is that a new record for you, too? Great job!

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
112 Posts
You and Rob are the first 5.7L's in the 12.5's all motor from my understanding.
Actually, InferAl beat us both to it (12.58 @ 108.57) a few days ago :clap: :clap:

Yeah, 110.44 is a new record for me....but Rob still holds the 5.7 NA MPH record....for now:)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just read that 12 second thread. 3 cars so far. That's incredible, still, just the same. I'm sure Rob will be getting a hold of you to do some MIR and Cecil runs soon. There must be something about Baltimore area cars - you two, a few 6.1L's, they always turn out the quickest, lol. Must be something in the water.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just read that 12 second thread. 3 cars so far. That's incredible, still, just the same. I'm sure Rob will be getting a hold of you to do some MIR and Cecil runs soon. There must be something about Baltimore area cars - you two, a few 6.1L's, they always turn out the quickest, lol. Must be something in the water.

Yup....:)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Congradulations to Rob was it a 12.50. What was the DA over there Sunday

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Al, when are you hitting the track again? 12.4's are in reach for the three of you guys. Just curious to see who hits it first.

It's all getting pretty exciting.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It has everything to do with the water its almost sea level

·
Registered
197 Posts
As the weather finally is starting to break and the cool air coming back, we were excited to spend the day racing in New Hamshire today with a lot of other HEMI's and with decent weather finally, TorRed #1179, aka Rob, who holds the record for the fastest trap speed with a 5.7L, n.a., also is now the quickest Charger 5.7L naturally aspirated, too, running a 12.5 in the quarter mile at full weight. We were still 2 mph under where we should have been had the air and track been better but the cooler air is definately helping drop his times. By November's big Englishtown race, I think we'll see at least another two tenths off his time. Even more amazing, today Rob was once again the fastest LX HEMI all motor, beating out all of the highly modified 6.1L's running our competitors big Heads and Cam combinations. Bipto was a close second with a very respectable 12.6s pass.

Rob runs our HHP Stage 3 heads and cam package (heads, cam, custom tuning, torque converter, etc.) with long tube headers, Corsa catback, Airaid intake and Mickey Thompson drag slicks.

Congrats Rob!

Here's a few picks of Rob and also Derrick (GhostFace Mag) who ran his 5.7L Charger today.

Joshua, HHP
Well not quite the quickest but a damn good run nonetheless. I think Al is still the quickest charger by a hair and Hemi-C is the quickest in his 300C. I hear there was -D/A when Rob ran there. Is that correct???

·
Registered
194 Posts
DA wsa all over the place while we were there. Looking at Robert's DA tool, it was jumping from the 200-600 range...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts