Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up all. I had brought my car to the dealer for my passenger side front door was not aligned right, so while speaking to the service dude I had mentioned about some of the problems due to the reflash and asked him if he would do one for me. Long story short this dude was major cool and said he would do it, my question is anyone else get it done and how much better is it. thanks all

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
hey whats up all. I had brought my car to the dealer for my passenger side front door was not aligned right, so while speaking to the service dude I had mentioned about some of the problems due to the reflash and asked him if he would do one for me. Long story short this dude was major cool and said he would do it, my question is anyone else get it done and how much better is it. thanks all
There are multiple computers on your car. You are probably speaking of the PCM or ECM getting updated. There are updates every so often that fix issues. You are getting the latest issues solved with your updated flash on the PCM (otherwise known as the ECM.) I would ask if you have a 5.7 for the AK tranny controller flash too. It is an SRT update but a lot of people have gotten it on their 5.7 cars.

C.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes 5.7 sorry bout that heard some people talking about it so decided to ask the dealer

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Allow me to kick in my 2 cents.......

On my first regular R/T, I had the 6.1 tcm flash done and the car drove noticeably better

I had it done on my Daytona 2 weeks ago and the car drives horrible, sluggish and slow acceleration, nothing like it used to be, lost its "pep".....now ive been on endless forums trying to figure out whats wrong b/c the dealer flashed it back to the "latest 5.7" after the problems and the car hasnt gotten any better......my advice, DO NOT do it and risk the headache I have now

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Allow me to kick in my 2 cents.......

On my first regular R/T, I had the 6.1 tcm flash done and the car drove noticeably better

I had it done on my Daytona 2 weeks ago and the car drives horrible, sluggish and slow acceleration, nothing like it used to be, lost its "pep".....now ive been on endless forums trying to figure out whats wrong b/c the dealer flashed it back to the "latest 5.7" after the problems and the car hasnt gotten any better......my advice, DO NOT do it and risk the headache I have now
damn sorry to hear this man...would the predator be able to fix this issue?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thank you, just like the old saying if it aint broke dont fix it, my car seem to be running fine anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.