Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new pcm put on my 06 RT with road and track, and the tech mentioned putting an SRT program on it instead of the RT. Has anyone done this and what pros and cons are there for doing it?

· Premium Member
5,660 Posts
I had a new pcm put on my 06 RT with road and track, and the tech mentioned putting an SRT program on it instead of the RT. Has anyone done this and what pros and cons are there for doing it?
Never heard of this either, what did the tech say it would do for the car?

· Registered
24 Posts
I don't think it is possible to put an SRT tune on an RT, different engines.
From my own personal experiences some techs are idiots. I had new rear end put in my old Tacoma and the tech realized that he forgot to put differential fluid in... 2 kilometers into the test drive after the rear end locked solid.:slap: A salesman at the dealership told me that same tech had installed 4 mud flaps incorrectly on a car the week before... he put them on the front of the wheel wells.:slap:

· Banned
9,499 Posts
I dont think he could even flash an SRT tune since flashes are done by SN.....and the SRT tune is designed for the more aggressive cam in the SRT, freer flowing heads, less restrictive exhaust, higher compression, larger valves, etc................dont see how it would give an RT more power...

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
I've heard of adding the Mopar TCM on the R/T models that is similar to the '06 SRT TCM, but I never heard of dropping an SRT PCM on an R/T.

With the difference in MDS alone (not to mention everything else), I can't imagine it would be a good idea.

· Premium Member
12,080 Posts
I've heard of adding the Mopar TCM on the R/T models that is similar to the '06 SRT TCM, but I never heard of dropping an SRT PCM on an R/T.

With the difference in MDS alone (not to mention everything else), I can't imagine it would be a good idea.
There's also the Mopar PCM, a complementary product to the Mopar TCM. The MPCM is designed around also installing the Mopar performance cam and torque converter. Still wouldn't suggest this on an RT that doesn't have the engine mods to support it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.