Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dyno today got 357 hp & 358 torque at the rear wheels. I'm just wondering how those numbers stack up with other unmodded dyno numbers.

Now I can put the CAI on that I've had for a month. Then more mods will soon follow. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
everyone is gunna ask what kinda dyno you dyno'd it in and what the conditions were.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The type of dyno I do not know. I would have to call & ask. The conditions were about 78 degrees & high humidity. My guess would be about 75%.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With numbers like that I woultd guess you were on a Mustang Dynameter. It is just my opinion but these are more street accurate numbers than the Dynojets. The Mustang will be less every time but it is the closest dyno to the actual street. All this is meaningless as long as when you dyno again it is the same kind of dyno. Keep this in mind when you see someones dyno results and they are huge compared to yours or they seem unreal it is almost always a guy on a Dynojet. The bottom line is the dyno doesn't matter-it is how accurate you measure your results when you make changes!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I keep hearing that Mustang dynos are conservative but I got 385HP/377TQ on one with a stock '07 SRT8. I'm guessing there is variation in operators too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I keep hearing that Mustang dynos are conservative but I got 385HP/377TQ on one with a stock '07 SRT8. I'm guessing there is variation in operators too.
yeah, I hear the same thing, I hear that mustang dynos would give you higher rwhp #'s than other dynos ...hmmm.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
I have seen a lot of mustang dynos around the forums and I believe yours is about 30HP more than any I have seen these last 22 months....usuallt the mustang is around 350 and the dynojet around 370

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wondering about that. This dyno guy seemed to not want to push my car very hard. He's used to dynoing Talons, Honda's & other ricer type cars. So maybe he was a little scared of some american V8 muscle. (???) He was a cool guy. Otherwise I would have gone somewhere else.

I already have an AFE CAI to put on & will be looking into a few other performance mods in the coming months. So maybe by spring, I'll be heading back there. Yhanks for eveyones input & advise here. It's much appreciated!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Guys look at how many products are marketed based on Dynojet dynos!-That is because they show more power on paper, It doesn't mean that they are actually faster. It's all relative when you use the dyno to get a start and monitor mods. for changes. Whenever a product is advertised to make a certain power look at the dyno used in testing and all other conditions. A perfect example was the C4 Vette I had a 8psi procharger on. The same weather conditions but different dynos made very different results.
Mustang: 360 RWHP VS. Dynojet: 385 RWHP. Sure I would like to think I have 385 horse but that doesn't make me any faster than the same car that made 360 on the Mustang. Dynos are for tuning/tracks are for racing. Eveyone be safe and enjoy your rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts