Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a comparison on the OEM Mopar Cold Air Intake vs K&N. K&N says 21 hp gain at 5200rpms...anyone actually do a dyno and see the gains?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Acutally K&N has some dyno results on thier website. I talked to a guy from Airraid. He told me that even though the hp was listed it vaires by the conditions that car was tested under. Bottom line I like the K&N and I heard the Hemi responds great to them. Just my 2 cents :alien:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was talking with the parts guy at dodge and he told me that K&N makes the Mopar CAI. Is there any truth to his statement?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Never listen to any company's supposed horsepower gain for a performance or aftermarket part.

Average intake gain is about 10 horses, give or take.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I was talking with the parts guy at dodge and he told me that K&N makes the Mopar CAI. Is there any truth to his statement?
Mopar probably uses their filter. Many companies use the filter of another.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Has anyone done a comparison on the OEM Mopar Cold Air Intake vs K&N. K&N says 21 hp gain at 5200rpms...anyone actually do a dyno and see the gains?
You might want to think twice about K&N. Their filters have a bit of a reputation of not filtering out dust and other particles as well as most competitors... especially on diesel engines.

The flavor of the month CAI is the C&L. Previous flavors were the AFE Stage II and the Airhammer. My personal preference would be one of those three.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wasn't feeling the mopar one as it had a metal tube which seems to me would conduct heat, so i when w/ the K&N

1 - 8 of 8 Posts