Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into a cam down the road. DONT want anything crazy. Don't have a macho ego of "better than anything else on the road"... not trying to get to any specific number on a dyno, or time down a track. don't care about bragging rights, trying to be the loudest, or need a cam lope sound, or trying to impress anyone. just wanna cam my first v8.

Was looking at the Comp Cams NSR set up. its a stage one cam. seen a few YouTube cats like TrackPackR/T, DonnyR/T, and ModernRedHemi running similar cams. the first two have the Stage 2 Variants, whereas MRH has the stage 2, comp 270. I've watched most of their stuff extensively.

NSR Stage 1 HRT 216/222 Hydraulic Roller Cam Kit for Dodge 5.7L HEMI w/ VVT 2009+ (compcams.com)

has anyone seen anyone with or personally run the stage 1?

given the lower lift/durations, I figure tuning will be easier, and the gain will be modest at best. not looking for much at all with what i use the car for motorsports wise.

Has anyone that's used a comp cams kit, or springs had any issues?? I know springs can sometimes be a hit or miss issue with our valvetrain.

What's everyone suggest for pushrods? CC or Manley or another brand?

I'm already good on oem lifters non MDS.

i figure i'll can buy the phase limiter separately along with springs, retainers, locks, valve seals and pushrods since i have heard and seen some CC stuff in the earlier renditions had spring failures.

·
Registered
2018 Charger SXT
52 Posts
looking into a cam down the road. DONT want anything crazy. Don't have a macho ego of "better than anything else on the road"... not trying to get to any specific number on a dyno, or time down a track. don't care about bragging rights, trying to be the loudest, or need a cam lope sound, or trying to impress anyone. just wanna cam my first v8.

Was looking at the Comp Cams NSR set up. its a stage one cam. seen a few YouTube cats like TrackPackR/T, DonnyR/T, and ModernRedHemi running similar cams. the first two have the Stage 2 Variants, whereas MRH has the stage 2, comp 270. I've watched most of their stuff extensively.

NSR Stage 1 HRT 216/222 Hydraulic Roller Cam Kit for Dodge 5.7L HEMI w/ VVT 2009+ (compcams.com)

has anyone seen anyone with or personally run the stage 1?

given the lower lift/durations, I figure tuning will be easier, and the gain will be modest at best. not looking for much at all with what i use the car for motorsports wise.

Has anyone that's used a comp cams kit, or springs had any issues?? I know springs can sometimes be a hit or miss issue with our valvetrain.

What's everyone suggest for pushrods? CC or Manley or another brand?

I'm already good on oem lifters non MDS.

i figure i'll can buy the phase limiter separately along with springs, retainers, locks, valve seals and pushrods since i have heard and seen some CC stuff in the earlier renditions had spring failures.
Looking at the cam specs, it seems like a good choice. Especially since your not wanting to get too radical. It advertises 61HP gain, not bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts