Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exactly. While we are waiting on the DiabloSport Predator's to come in later this week, we did receive the first one in today and are busy playing with it to see what it can do and what it can't, and what to tell you guys to expect and if there's going to be any surprises. In the mean time, if you can make it into HHP here in Newark, DE, please stop in and allow us to throw the tuner on your car and we'll run her around for a quick minute.

We're also going down to Cecil County Raceway near us Wednesday night, leaving the shop at 5pm, to go put it to the test. Come join us if you can.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP
888-894-1115

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
WOHOOOO When do you expect more to be shipping. I'm going to try and get off Wednesday.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things have been off the hook in here today so movement has been slow for the past two hours. We have 6 SRT-8's in here but none are running stock programming so we need cars with stock tunes to try this out. I'll have some info from the manual later on... once I have a chance to read it.

Wednesday night should be some fun. We'll have our edition of CMR software hopefully by Thursday but it will be a slow learning curve for all us tuning these cars. We'll keep everyone posted.

Not that it will mean much, but the link to the DiabloSport website for you guys that want to see it is:

http://www.diablosport.com/dcx

We're in the home stretch.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Josh,

I may be able to sneak down to Cecil Wednesday. Still running stock programming. Was just poking in here to find some new tires and see what tuners are now available. What are the biggest known/expected diffs between the diablo and superchips...that I won't find on their self proclaimed websites! :)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on down, bring 'em in. If you're coming to HHP, we'll be here until 9 to 10pm, as usual, finishing up installs (installs run 9 to 9 most days).

We've put the tune on a SRT-8 Charger that only had a t-stat and intake and it made a definately noticeable difference to the owner (and me) powerwise. Transmission settings and the higher shift point selections really make it feel stronger. The fan control settings rock (select low mph high speed fan setting and set it to a few degrees higher than your t-stat and it works great). I will hopefully get a chance to get it on a B&G car shortly, if I can get some work caught up first here in the office.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Did some reading this evening...looks like diablo for me. I'll call you tomorrow to order Josh. I'm in Lancaster, PA, so maybe I'll run down to the shop to pick it up and install.... :)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a great tuner. We've been playing around with it a little bit more and more tonight. I put it on a Stroker and it took just nicely, too. These things are really easy to use.

The only things so far we'll be talking with DiabloSport tomorrow on... and with Dave at B&G is that if you use this tuner on the B&G, it will erase your B&G for most of you unless the B&G is written using the most current PCM software, and most probably do not AND I would like to see the torque management given some adjustability. Even for us, this tuner is a tease and we can't wait to get our custom tuning software later this week which give us more controllability in the areas the highly modified HEMI's need a little bit more attention, such as idle and open-loop fuel tables.

I'll be on the phone with Dave tomorrow morning giving and getting updates from him.

Recommendations so far:
Just one. If you have a B&G, when you plug your Predator in to your car for the first time, if it says that you need an update, don't do it unless you can get away with overwriting your B&G. Dave is working to be able to email out the B&G Predator Based Performance tunes very quickly so for those of you guys that have already purchased the B&G via the PCM Flash, I expect that we will be able to email you a new B&G to upload on your Predator. For those of you that have full custom tunes written by B&G to weed out problems you have due to some manufacturers cams, special attention will need to be given to the Predator B&G's I expect.

More to come tomorrow!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think I should be able to make it down on Wed, I work in center city and will leave a little early.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you have the DiabloSport Predator, you don't need a cool-it mod then? It does everything the cool-it mod was design to do? If so it saves me money and I will be getting the DiabloSport Predator.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're saying that we'll be leaving the shop here in Newark at around 5pm to head down there. Cecil's maybe only 25 minutes away, with the first 10 spent just trying to get out of Newark at rush hour, lol.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
This is a great tuner. We've been playing around with it a little bit more and more tonight. I put it on a Stroker and it took just nicely, too. These things are really easy to use.

The only things so far we'll be talking with DiabloSport tomorrow on... and with Dave at B&G is that if you use this tuner on the B&G, it will erase your B&G for most of you unless the B&G is written using the most current PCM software, and most probably do not AND I would like to see the torque management given some adjustability. Even for us, this tuner is a tease and we can't wait to get our custom tuning software later this week which give us more controllability in the areas the highly modified HEMI's need a little bit more attention, such as idle and open-loop fuel tables.

I'll be on the phone with Dave tomorrow morning giving and getting updates from him.

Recommendations so far:
Just one. If you have a B&G, when you plug your Predator in to your car for the first time, if it says that you need an update, don't do it unless you can get away with overwriting your B&G. Dave is working to be able to email out the B&G Predator Based Performance tunes very quickly so for those of you guys that have already purchased the B&G via the PCM Flash, I expect that we will be able to email you a new B&G to upload on your Predator. For those of you that have full custom tunes written by B&G to weed out problems you have due to some manufacturers cams, special attention will need to be given to the Predator B&G's I expect.

More to come tomorrow!
Joshua, HHP
Josh,
That's a great piece of information. You should probably post that over in the consolidated Q&A over on LXforums since they've talked A LOT about being able to use the predator with B&G.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
whats a B&G???????

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We will get all of the info up on the consolidated post once we get some more answers and solutions out of DiabloSport and B&G.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Josh,

Thanks for calling me back tonight. Glad I ordered, can't wait to get the call. If they catch the note I'll make the 30 minute drive and get it, if not, it'll be a welcomed surprise on the front door step. I think I'll start doing the Wednesday night race trip to cecil soon...you've inspired me...plus it's a fun time. I usually get 5 or 6 runs in the fall, then again the spring. Think it's time to commit to trying to get good enough to bracket race for 13.6's consistently. Could be fun...and expensive...either way fun!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts