Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent the evening placing my order for a Daytona Charger. I had several irons in the fire trying to feel out different dealers and finally had a good talk with the original B2B sales manager who told me he couldn't order me one. I thought he couldnt because his manager wanted a premium on any DC ordered and we talked about doing the RT with the R&TPP. But after talking a bit about my adventures of looking elsewhere for the Daytona, he said to come back to him once I had an offer from someone else and at least give him the chance to meet or best the offer. 15 minutes after we hung up he called back and offered me Invoice +3%. An offer I couldn't refuse. That comes to about invoice +1K and was 2% less that anything else I had run into by now, so I snapped it up. My deposits in, and VON # in hand. Now it becomes the waiting game.

Also took a black R/T out for a spin and LORDY what a sweeet ride!! I am a large man and had my wife and two teenagers with me and it felt like we were riding on rails (with a whole LOTTA punch). I cannot wait to get to really know this car.

·
Registered
608 Posts
congrats man, I just ordered and r/t with the road/track performance package, same black as you tried out I think :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats!!

If the GoManGo and Yellow weren't the only colors I would for sure be getting a Daytona.

Oh well... I guess I'll have to settle for an SRT8 :happy:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Congratulations on the Daytona order ! Which dealer did you end up going with? One in Denver, Thornton? I am fixin to take mine from Georgia to Phoenix either tomorrow or Friday...got a little job to do there. I'll be posting some mileage reports when I get the chance. Congrats again! (That's the same color my wife wants!)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
CO- congrats man

High Hemi,

if you are gonna be in Phoenix Saturday, LX club is meeting up at a car show Satruday night...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats!, You will probably be one of the first ones out there sporting a Daytona, I think they will be highly collectable cars...not only fun to drive but a good investment as well!

·
Banned
99 Posts
T/A Rumbler said:
Congrats!, You will probably be one of the first ones out there sporting a Daytona, I think they will be highly collectable cars...not only fun to drive but a good investment as well!
No modern production car is an investment. I don't think a regular Charger with a ad-on package will be a collectors car. Maybe in 30 years, but then any car will be a collectors car to someone. There are even edsil collectors now. Charger collectors in 30 years are possible. Enron could be a better investment than modern cars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
adaptabl said:
No modern production car is an investment. I don't think a regular Charger with a ad-on package will be a collectors car. Maybe in 30 years, but then any car will be a collectors car to someone. There are even edsil collectors now. Charger collectors in 30 years are possible. Enron could be a better investment than modern cars.
I agree that modern production cars are normaly not a good investment, however any time a car has a limited production it will have a good resell value, as for collectable....the first "modern" charger auctioned for $75,100. It was probably a collector.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
adaptabl said:
Is your entire purpose of existence to be negative and piss everyone off?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HIGH_HEMI said:
Congratulations on the Daytona order ! Which dealer did you end up going with? One in Denver, Thornton? I am fixin to take mine from Georgia to Phoenix either tomorrow or Friday...got a little job to do there. I'll be posting some mileage reports when I get the chance. Congrats again! (That's the same color my wife wants!)
One of the (many) John Elway dealerships, southwest in Littleton. Anyone in the metro area who wants a referal, I'll let them know who to contact there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kodos from all of you.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
adaptabl said:
Even I will agree to a point with this. I did not purchase the car as an investment. I purchased the car because this was the first time I had the resources to pick out a car I love and wanted. The fact that it is a Limited Edition is all the better and my only hope is that it will not lose its value as quickly as many of my previous cars have. If it can maintain its value (or for that matter depreciate) at a rate similar to a <insert other manufacturers whose names are not spoken here> it will make me happy.

·
Banned
99 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Even I will agree to a point with this. I did not purchase the car as an investment. I purchased the car because this was the first time I had the resources to pick out a car I love and wanted. The fact that it is a Limited Edition is all the better and my only hope is that it will not lose its value as quickly as many of my previous cars have. If it can maintain its value (or for that matter depreciate) at a rate similar to a <insert other manufacturers whose names are not spoken here> it will make me happy.

You have the right idea. Buy a car to enjoy. Buy investments to retire. As for keeping a good resale value..well good luck on that one. Any north american car takes a big hit at resale. If you want a better resale, buy something that people will pay for at resale time. That usually means buying something other than the big two and Chrysler. As for limited edition they have said that they will keep making Daytonas in different colors. I would not be surprised if they do what they did with the SRT. They can sell an appearance package on the base units that look the same as the Daytonas. Limited edition sounds great for marketing, but is it really anthing more than an after market option on a regular production car? If you want something that is really limited go for the STR-8.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well technically your car IS an investment. You invested money into it, it depreciates, and it'll still have some value later on if you want to sell it.

That said, new cars aren't a very good investment from a financial perspective. However, the seat-of-the-pants meter is off the charts...:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JSA 007 said:
That said, new cars aren't a very good investment from a financial perspective. However, the seat-of-the-pants meter is off the charts...:D
Absolutely correct!:rockon:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
adaptabl said:
Really? I wonder if they said the same thing in 1970 when the hemi 'cuda convertables couldn't be given away at $5600.00 now you can buy one of the restored ones for half a mil...I guess it's in how long you want to wait. It's pretty obvious your shortsidedness will only help the rest of us in the long run...Plenty of modern cars will be worth collecting, even if they aren't worth half a mil. Ford GT, Lotus Elise, Corvette Z06, Any of the special edition Vipers, Volkswagen R32, Subaru STI, Mitsubishi EVO, Pontiac GTO, The special edition Mustangs...The list is endless, much like your irratating nature...

·
Banned
99 Posts
chargershed said:
Really? I wonder if they said the same thing in 1970 when the hemi 'cuda convertables couldn't be given away at $5600.00 now you can buy one of the restored ones for half a mil...I guess it's in how long you want to wait. It's pretty obvious your shortsidedness will only help the rest of us in the long run...Plenty of modern cars will be worth collecting, even if they aren't worth half a mil. Ford GT, Lotus Elise, Corvette Z06, Any of the special edition Vipers, Volkswagen R32, Subaru STI, Mitsubishi EVO, Pontiac GTO, The special edition Mustangs...The list is endless, much like your irratating nature...

How many hemi cuda convertables were built? Yes it was a lot less than 12,000. If you had a crystal ball you could pick next weeks lottery also. Maybe some of those cars will be worth something in 30 years. Be realistic. The only thing that will have value are things that no one wants now and very few are produced. Convert your 401K to Daytonas if your that sure, but don't ask for handouts when you retire. Then again you could invest in a big hockey card collection.

Collect if you enjoy it, just don't expect to make money on it. The Daytona is just a high volume production car from Chrysler. Buy one if you like them and enjoy them. Take your big hit at resale. Thats the way the market is these days.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ummm how many of us will still own thier charger in 30 years?

I probably wont... if I do... at 25K miles a year..... the car will have 750,000 miles on it.... LOL

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
CO- congrats man

High Hemi,

if you are gonna be in Phoenix Saturday, LX club is meeting up at a car show Satruday night...
Scottsdale Pavillions?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts