Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking the giant red corners of my rear end need to be a little more subtle.
I like tinted tails, but here in CA they want to pull you over for almost anything, and tinted tails are on their list of no-nos.

So, I've seen lots of lights that have been masked off and 're-shaped' with body color, but what about tinting the entire lens with a color other than the typical dark black?

How difficult would it be to mask off circles in front of the lights, turning the 'surrounding area' silver to match the car?

Or.....

Would silver work on the whole thing?
+++

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I think that toycrypt has what you are thinking of doing.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Well, not exactly what you are asking but close

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both of those are good options.

I'm thinking vinyl overlay instead of paint. (This would need round coutouts for the lights)

This approach seems like it might be an option.
+++

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Yup mine are like toycrypt's

you could have any body shop do this for you

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
They are custom painted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damn that looks good. Matches the trunk decal perfect.. or is that painted also? Im confused.. :notallthere: Is the paint flat black/matte or what?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm thinking the giant red corners of my rear end need to be a little more subtle.
I like tinted tails, but here in CA they want to pull you over for almost anything, and tinted tails are on their list of no-nos.

So, I've seen lots of lights that have been masked off and 're-shaped' with body color, but what about tinting the entire lens with a color other than the typical dark black?

How difficult would it be to mask off circles in front of the lights, turning the 'surrounding area' silver to match the car?

Or.....

Would silver work on the whole thing?
+++
I dont remember where I saw it, or even when, But i HAVE seen someone who has their entire tail lights painted white to match the car....somehow you can still see break lights!!! I think it was in AZ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts