Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Dodge dealerships carry touch up paint in spray can form? Price? I previously bought a can online but it cost me $27 when all was said and done.

Looking to paint that giant early 06 sirius antenna, shock covers and possibly fuse box body color

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Dealer has to order it, they can not keep it on their shelves. I got a can of plum crazy from the dealer. Local paint shop wanted 50+, online was high 20's including shipping., dealer was 10 or 12.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I pay about 12 for a 5 ounce can from dealer but requires it to be ordered. Only takes a day or so.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
We found Dodge (trademark) Sub-Lime paint in my local Hobby Store. Matches perfectly. $7.95 for 5 oz spray can.
Testors Model paint....they have a lot of heritage colors...even the GoManGO but I forget what the color is actually called...Hobby Lobby

Scott

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
so, where are you guys applying this paint?

i have a scratch id like to touch up, but im too worried it wont blend in, or come out right sicne it wont be clear coated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used a spray can from automotivetouchup.com (for an 11oz. can with shipping it costs nearly $30!!). I just ordered two more after the dealer I went to gave me the runaround on them carrying it - I won't be going there for service!

Anyway - I painted my front license plate bracket to match, and now I'm thinking of painting that ugly early 06 sirius antenna and my front ram emblem (saw another member that had done that and it looked really cool).

·
Registered
885 Posts
SOME of the Mopar colors are available as perfect match cans of 5 oz spray from duplicolor for like $6 each. If anything you can get a very close match unless you have an odd shade like the heritage colors and build up a good coat of base before a layer or 2 of the more expensive stuff from the dealer. I have always ordered 2 cans at a time at the dealer just to have on hand because I am constantly painting stuff and those little cans go fast. Order in advance online and get it cheaper $7.50 a can from places like Wyckoff, or just buy it at the dealer with 2 days notice for them to get it in stock and end up paying closer to $12 depending on their markup. The MSRP is $10.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.