Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im seeing some chargers with rocker panels that are color matched to the rest of the car... Mine are unpainted urethane...

Did you all paint them? Or are they available factory painted?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Mid year change on the 07's. Now only the SRT8 comes painted.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Looks like just the Daytona and SRT8.
You've got to wonder what's going through their minds to make a boneheaded decision like that. The cars look terrible with black rockers and they probably save all of about a dollar in paint/prep per car.

Best,

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Im seeing some chargers with rocker panels that are color matched to the rest of the car... Mine are unpainted urethane...

Did you all paint them? Or are they available factory painted?

Glad I go an 06. Car just looks bad without them painted

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm also glad my '06 came with painted rockers...the unpainted ones make it look like the car is 3 extra inches off the ground.

·
Registered
63 Posts
new hemi orange daytona on the site has them black

or i'm guessing unpainted ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was about to paint them at the body shop we work with here...

Gonna order them up this weekend...

·
Registered
862 Posts
I must be in the minority but I like them unpainted especially on my stone white. That area of the car takes a lot of abuse from debri, rocks, tar, etc. and over the long haul the black will look better longer.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I must be in the minority but I like them unpainted especially on my stone white. That area of the car takes a lot of abuse from debri, rocks, tar, etc. and over the long haul the black will look better longer.
I agree with this on cars that were designed with black rockers, on ours
it looks like an after thought.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
lol, After I wrecked my R/T and bought the sublime the one thing I stressed to the dealer a 100x was make sure the rockers are painted or I dont want the car

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I didnt even realize different years didnt have them painted, I thought they all were......06 was a good year for some things!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I completely agree. I love the black rockers. The black will definitly hold up a lot longer. Not to mention it looking a lot sleeker once you pull the moldings off. With the rockers color matched (for all except maybe those with Black paint jobs), the car does indeed look too "high" without moldings as was pointed out in another thread. That's just my observation, but I love em black. The black definitely stays for sure.:grin:

I guess it's more a matter of taste, and what you want your ride to look like.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
actually if you goto dodge.com and build one they are all painted
Just saw an 08 SE at the dealer today and the rockers were black, no paint.
They didn't have any other trim lines on the lot so not sure about those.

·
Registered
240 Posts
my 2007 Steel Blue R/T AWD has the color matched rocker panels.... I kinda wish they were flat black. I think that would be a nice contrast.

HINT HINT: if ridergraphics.com comes up with a set of rocker panel decals,,,, I'm in! Color matched for the "I want color guys" and flat black for those of us tired of always washing the rocker panels....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts