Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BIG BRAKE KIT Color matched calipers?

I'm interested in working a deal with a green Charger owner to do up a set of matching calipers. I want to do them on the TCE/Wilwood 14" W6a caliper kit.

This caliper:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/ToddTCE/Calipers/?action=view&current=W6A.jpg

And maybe some custom lettering;
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/ToddTCE/Calipers/?action=view&current=Psycho1.jpg

If someone has a bad green machine and is up for a "rather custom" brake kit lets talk.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Why not GoManGo? :lol:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
For that matter, why not Torred? :lol:
why do torred when they can do :devil: inferno red! :devil: :tongue:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Did someone say to try midnight blue???

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think I could be the one! pm sent. He's looking for the fastest color...need them brakes to slow down.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Look what I started.. :lol:

I think I could be the one! pm sent. He's looking for the fastest color...need them brakes to slow down.
Brakes? You have it all wrong.. you see, Go ManGo is the fastest color - why else do you think that Sweet Mango requires a parachute to slow down?

-R

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Wow, I want one, that has to add 10-20 HP, lol. Definitely looks cool but is it necessary on a Daytona??

·
Registered
805 Posts
Is the parachute used when you jump off of those hills in Cali.....see you don't even need brakes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sounds like there may be a couple of interested folks via PM.

I'll post up the detailed thoughts here however for everyone. I want to take the TCE Plus 2 Kit and do some color match work on the calipers.

Now I admit; I'm not up on all the proper color lingos so bear with me as I learn the right terms. I chose the lime green (now learned call sublime) as a starting point as it's clearly "different" on the road today. But in fairness we might be able to do a number of the colors. The question of course it how close can we really come? I'm not completely sure but I think the green can be done as well as a couple of other.

I'm looking to do it on this caliper as it's a big enough and bold enough part to look the part. However...if someone was so inclined we could do it on the bigger truck caliper also.

Price wise I'm willing to cut a bit of a deal on it but we're still at or near the $2k price point for a front kit. $2079 + $135 color + other options etc. I'm not looking to lose money on it but I do think it would be a cool project so I'll absorb some of it.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sadly... i dont think any1 is gunna make gomango caliper paint. apparently its a really hard color to match

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Wow Todd I feel like this thread was intended for me! We last spoke when I recommended your kit to another interested Charger owner on a different thread and you recommended this kit to me in color-matched calipers. As I said before, Id LOVE to do this kit, but just cant afford to pull it off right now. However, I know #18Daytona doesnt live too far from me and I can remove brakes pretty quickly! :ninja: Hahahaha, just kidding. Keep me posted if you go through with it.... I definitely wanna check it out! But you are definitely gonna need some bigger, thinner spoked wheels to show em off right!

-Pat

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
sadly... i dont think any1 is gunna make gomango caliper paint. apparently its a really hard color to match
Just spray your calipers with regular custom mixed paint, from say, PaintScratch.com. Many people on the forum here has done it without issues, the calipers aren't getting hot enough to hurt the paint. I sprayed my coils with this paint and they get HHOOTT... but no paint issues.

-R

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was not really directed at anyone Pat. Just thought of it again reading some of the other comments and doing a custom kit for a MINI. The first color to 'pop' was the green so I thought I'd toss the idea out and see what sticks. While I don't have anything against the other colors, the green is by far the more, umm, loud color that would be interesting to do! Powder coat options may be a bit more limited in choice for a 100% match but we can try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts