Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello folks
i just bought a second hand 2012 charger SE with V6 , with 88k km and iam noticing a noise coming from the upper part of the engine when cold starting the car for the first time the noise sounds like a diesel engine running
the noise only lasts for less than 2 seconds .
i have many thoughts in my mind like the oil type or the camshaft gear or the oil pump i just don't know i need your opinion and thanks :)

here is a video shows the noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XKt7NPJAL4

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue.... been told that is a standard tick and nothing to be concerned about. However, I have found that 91 octane reduces the knock

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Related to oil pressure, takes a few seconds for pressure to come up in engine so that is the cause of the lifter clatter you hear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the same problem at less than 50K but it lasted a lot longer about 2 minutes or until the engine warmed up and even then it's not all that quiet but it's been parked in the garage for a few weeks
It almost sounded like it's coming from the exhaust like the exhaust is very thin and you hear it through the pipe It's weird
I guess I have to get used to it

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello folks
i just bought a second hand 2012 charger SE with V6 , with 88k km and iam noticing a noise coming from the upper part of the engine when cold starting the car for the first time the noise sounds like a diesel engine running
i have many thoughts in my mind like the oil type or the camshaft gear or the oil pump i just don't know i need your opinion and thanks :)

I have 2012 Dodge Charger 3.6 L pentistar engine had the same problem since I've had the car brand new it has a 108000 miles now. I've just resolved this
hello folks

Put penzoil ultra synthetic oil in there and it will stop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts