Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have read over a bunch of the problems other people have had regarding this issue. I am also just wondering if anyone has run into the same problems as me and what was done.

2006 Dodge Charger SXT 90,000 KM

Here are my syptoms:

Wednesday Morning - I start to accelerate and could feel no real power, the engine starts to stumble and the check engine light comes on. I pull over, shut the car off and wait a few secs and start her up. The engine light is still on. I accelerate and i now have power again. I get to work and call the dealership, and take it into dealer. The whole way there the engine light stays on and i have full power, one little stumble at a light. Dealer has it for the day and they tell me it was a misfire code and that they updated / flashed the computer and updated it which in turn was to fix the problem. They also changed and replaced the spark plugs. I got the car and drove it that night no issues.

Thursday morning - I head to work and the first light that i accelerate from, i again get loss of power, the engine stumbles again, the engine light comes on, goes off comes on and goes off again. I call the dealer and they are telling me it sounds like a cold start misfire problem. They are going to take the car overnight and try it in the morning.

What i want to know is does this sound right as to what they are telling me, and do i have a serious problem here. Plus if you have had this problem any suggestions for me to tell the dealer to look for.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Adam

·
Registered
219 Posts
i had a similar problem, my oil icon appears and the car loose all the power, i pull over, turn off the car, i wait for 10 seconds, start it on again, ev erything perfect,
what i'm a little worry about it. what if it happens in a 70 m/h ride? or cornering the exit in a express way?
if it happen again i wont wait any more i will sell and buy another car, my life is in danger becouse those "shutdowns operative sistem or whatever"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts