Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was lookin to buy the Mopar Cold air intake for my V6....does anyone know if it voids the warranty or anythin like that? just so i have a heads up, thanks

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Any genuine Mopar parts should not void warranty.

·
Registered
877 Posts
From my understandinf parts such as these do not carry a warranty of their own. So if something happens to your cold air intake basically its not covered and if you want another one you will have to purchase the replacement at your cost. However, with that said, it will not void the warranty that you have on your car. If you got into putting internal upgrades such as cams, lifters, heads, etc. that would be when your warranty would be no good. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Any genuine Mopar parts should not void warranty.
Actually that is not completely correct. :no:

Mopar accessories are covered by warranty but ALL Mopar performance parts beginning with the letter "P" are sold "as is" with no warranty whatsoever. Why? Some parts are intended for "off-road use only" and could void the vehicle's factory warranty. This means that if DCX can prove a performance part caused a problem then your warranty claim goes bye-bye. For all the folks out there doing the "safe" mods, this does include your Mopar CAI, Mopar Cat-back Exhuast, Mopar LT Headers, Mopar Coil Over Suspension Kit and Lowering Springs just to name a few. There is actually a disclaimer on the Mopar website that says those first 4 parts are "not legal for sale on pollution-controlled vehicles registered for highway use".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts