Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've heard mixed reviews from personal conversation...
Should I get Cold Air Intake? My main thing is I want better sound and maybe a slight acceleration/hp boost.
I've been leaning toward k&n 57 but mainly only because they're the ones I always hear about.
Please give me some direction.
I have borla exhaust installed.
'10 R/T
I don't want to do headers quite yet because I'm still under warranty and I heard they void that. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
One more thing - I fix computers, not cars... So I might ask you to dumb it down a bit ;)
:driving:

·
Registered
548 Posts
All CAI are the same. Get which ever one your most attracted to..

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
All CAI are the same. Get which ever one your most attracted to..
x2. I've always done some sort of intake change on most of my vehicles to allow for more air flow. The fact that most of them are NOT true cold air intakes is why they don't produce expected gains. They do however provide a little better throttle response, maybe a cool "air sucking" sound but in the end stock intakes flow pretty well and the real restriction is the paper filter that comes stock.

They look cool, no doubt about it but if your main reason is performance it will help but don't expect alot. S&B filters, Volant, and the factory Mopar intakes are true cold air intakes and will work the best. I'm personally happy with just changing the drop in filter to the K&N or similar type filter for more air flow and better throttle response. My butt dyno tells me it helped.

Good luck with your choice. :beerchug:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently purchased a 2012 rt, had the same dilemma. A k&n cai will run 250-300 best bang for your buck but it's after market. With aftermarket it won't void your warranty but if found that the part is the reason for a malfunction the dealer won't cover it( which most dealers will say not to pay ). Since my warranty still has a long way to go I opted for the mopar cai, it cost a little more and has a little less hp than others but peace of mind and $$ is the key.mine was 400$ and I had the dealer put it in so no excuses on installation from them total was 500$ not bad for dealer install. I gained 12 hp, more boost during acceleration, and a much throatier hemi growl when I hit the throttle. Well worth it and exactly what I was looking for. Since yours is a 2010, the cai from 05-10 differ from 11-12 so yours is cheaper. Go mopar buddy. ImageUploadedByAG Free1350596285.542988.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Sorry for being a late chimer, but adding a CAI will produce more "growl" from the engine or from the exhaust?
Never noticed much of a growl difference, only thing I noticed sound wise was the slight hiss from the intake itself, specifically right when I turn off the engine. Pretty cool sound :beerchug:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I heard good things about the Mopar CAI. That's a good way to get some extra performance and still keep your warranty! When I get my Charger, I am going to put in one of those AFE high flow (dry) filters for awhile before I think about the Mopar CAI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts