Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have hotchkis sways and a strut tower bar. I'm looking to upgrade my spring and shocks with either kw or tein coil-overs. However, I want it no lower than .5 versus stock. Will this have any performance benefits over my current setup?

Also which are a better system kw variant 2 or tein with edfc? I've heard squeeking issues with tein but have never heard bad about kw with any car let alone the lx.

PS- Is it possible to use the hotchkis springs on a srt8?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Guys,

I have hotchkis sways and a strut tower bar. I'm looking to upgrade my spring and shocks with either kw or tein coil-overs. However, I want it no lower than .5 versus stock. Will this have any performance benefits over my current setup?

Also which are a better system kw variant 2 or tein with edfc? I've heard squeeking issues with tein but have never heard bad about kw with any car let alone the lx.

You might have an issue with the KW in trying to keep it "no lower than 0.5". I've got my KWV2s almost all the way up in the rear, and its about 1.5 inch lower...id guess that about 1" lower is the highest you'll ever get! There is plenty of adjustability in the front, however.
I'm pretty pleased with the KW...although I think the front spring rate should be just a bit higher... the adjustability of the rebound damping is very nice with the V2 version.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Guys,

call up tein or kw. i had the tein SS's on my last car and as an option with most top coilover brands, you should be able to order them with different spring rates AND lengths and revalved damping for the struts and shocks. tein had that option i know for my last car. most cars it the same especially since the coils are of a linear spring rate, meaning the entire spring has one rate as opposed to a progressive rated spring where there are a range of ratings in one spring.

just an option if you dont wish to go too low.

the quality between tein and kw is more like pepsi vs coke. what color appeals to you most when you look under there, ya know?:grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts