Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of the after market headers are prone to throwing codes, with the exception of the mopar long tubes. So my question is to all of those running the Jba shorties and high flow mi pipes. Do they throw codes at all? I wasn't really considering shorties but I can get them off ebay and save a couple hundred bucks from what I would be paying for the long tubes. Is it worth going for the shorties. How does everyone like them? Everyones help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
934 Posts
From what I know about long tube headers, they are throwing codes because of the O2 sensor placement. Short headers, especially JBA, do not have this problem. I have never had a code with my JBA's.
But I know some LT companies have corrected the problem.

·
Vendor
791 Posts
We don't have CEL problems with our catted mid-pipes from JBA. Only the long tubes have been tripping the P0420/P0430 codes and doing so consistantly. The Predator will allow you to turn off the rear O2 sensors and heaters, preventing this code from coming up.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I've been running the JBA catted mids and JBA shorties(thanks HHP) with great results and not a single code in 15,000 miles

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it guys, I am considering going with these shorties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts