Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:When i was driving my car yesterday my check engine light came on and so i did the lil key dance technique and it threw me this code...p0524 now i know that its telling me that my oil pressure is too low but i went to get it oil changed that same day and the light is still on till this day....just wondering what i should do, do i have to reset it and if i do how do i do that or do i just leave it alone this lil light is really bothering me someone please help....btw i have a 07 rt if this would be of any help
Thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
have you cleared the code? and if so does it come right back?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you cleared the code? and if so does it come right back?
i havent done anything but the oil change and how can you clear the code is there a trick to it this light came on before and it was the same thing oil pressure being too low its driving me crazy even though its probably not that big a deal

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
do you have a diablo? or you can go to most auto parts stores and they will clear it for free,

also was your car low on oil before you got the oil change done?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have a diablo? or you can go to most auto parts stores and they will clear it for free,

also was your car low on oil before you got the oil change done?
im pretty sure it was low and no diablo for me and will reseting it all the time mess anything up

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
if it needs to be reset all the time something is wrong!!, like the sending unit, but when you got the oil changed they don't reset check engine lights.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it needs to be reset all the time something is wrong!!, like the sending unit, but when you got the oil changed they don't reset check engine lights.
do you have any idea what the main thing would be for this light to keep coming on...and has it happened to you before? And what is the sending unit

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
yeah that is exactly what i needed i took it to the dealer and they reprogramed the whole unit and didnt cost me a dime thanks to warrenty...:bigthumb:
Good deal. Glad that was it instead of a real oil pressure problem.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good deal. Glad that was it instead of a real oil pressure problem.
so i guess all dealerships arent bad:D had the receptionist checkin me out so waiting wasnt that big a deal :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts