Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I changed the front tires and now a week ago in about the first 100 miles into my trip the tire light comes on my 2013 Charger First I thought maybe a tire was low but this time the right front did not show anything it was just a dash line than a couple of days later the engine light came on so I checked it for codes and I got a code C1502 and a 0128
The 0128 I had last year but it was only during my vacation and never had any problems the rest of the year so I did not do anything about it

This C1502 is new to me so I wanted to find out more about it like what is causing and how to fix it or maybe bypass it
From what I read this could be due to the internal senseor battery or (specualting) maybe something was disturbed during the tire change
Assuming I could change it myself does it have to be programed or does it just start to work after installing it ?
Could it be something else other than the sensor that would set this code ?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
P0152 is for O2 Sensor 2/1. Gets logged when sensor voltage is greater than the maximum acceptable value (based on O2 sensor heater temperature). You probably only saw it on vacation if you were doing a lot of interstate travel for several hours at a time. The sensor is probably marginal and overheats after hours of continuous interstate speed. "2/1" is bank2 sensor1. Sensor1 is the upstream sensor. Bank2 depends on whether you have the V6 (left bank -driver side) or the V8 (right bank - passenger side).

C1502 is a loss of RF signal from one of the tire pressure sensors. Could be internal sensor failure or the sensor battery. A tire store (e.g. Discount Tire) can RF scan each wheel to see which one is the problem. There's no bypass for the problem unless you have a Tazer (or other such device) where you can disable tire pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's the right front because it shows it on the instrument display The other 3 shows the tire pressure except for the right front that shows just a dash
I read somewhere that it could be the receiver of the signal or perhaps the wiring
I am guessing this could not be narrowed down without a specialty scanner

I saw a YouTube video about a British company that developed a device that would bypass the TPMS and turn it off but I am not sure if that works on all cars or just the one that was developed for I will look into that some more when I get home
I would hat to change the TPMS every time the battery runs down or maybe it's not even the TPMS

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The TPMS receiver for a 2013 is located behind the wheelhouse splash shield of the right side (passenger) rear wheel. It communicates with the TPMS sensors in the wheels using a RF (radio frequency) signal. If it is communicating with three of the sensors, and displaying the info on the EVIC, it's not the TPMS receiver ... it's the 4th wheel sensor.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the receiver location info
Do you know if the new sensor needs programing or is it s self learning type ?

I believe this is the one I have 68241067ab a snap in type since I don't see any hardware on the outside of the wheel

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
When replacing a tire pressure sensor a new valve stem will be pre-mounted to the sensor as an assembly. Verify that the sensor is positioned properly before seating the valve stem. The new valve stem is typically pre-lubricated for installation with a standard tool. Ensure the sensor is positioned properly before seating the valve stem. The TPMS is self-learning.
Once the car has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive it for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph. During this time, the system will learn the new sensor ID.

Arm Eye Human body Font Plant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts