Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this?

From what I read it is supposed to be as powerful as nitrous, but cheaper/easier to refill and less harmful to the engine. I was looking at getting the pods that freeze the air as it enters the intake hose (true cold air intake...), but I wanna see if anyone else knows about these systems....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but I just found it. Yes I have the DEI system, cooling air and fuel. I love it, it provides super cooled air and fuel to the engine. At WOT I can feel a seat of the pants improvement with as opposed to without. My long range plans are to supercharge after someone develops a unit with the right fuel delivery system. The DEI will really shine in FI setup. But to answer the question, yes I love this setup it was only about $550 in parts and worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Can someone give a layman's terms explanation as to hwo this is beneficial?

I have an idea but I would like to hear it from somebody educated on the subject.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, but how much HP increase do you get? With nitrous, you can tune to whatever HP gain you want, and get results. What about this. I am considering getting a ZEX kit, but if this will give me the same gains, then I will buy it instead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, but how much HP increase do you get? With nitrous, you can tune to whatever HP gain you want, and get results. What about this. I am considering getting a ZEX kit, but if this will give me the same gains, then I will buy it instead.
Co2 does not give you the kind of gains that nitrous will. However it is safe and will do no harm to your engine. proven gains have ranged from 9-35 hp.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Co2 does not give you the kind of gains that nitrous will. However it is safe and will do no harm to your engine. proven gains have ranged from 9-35 hp.
Not bad but running Nitrous to 100 shot is pretty safe...I typcally run 100shot and have had no issues.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
And it's something you have to push a button to turn on, like nitrous?

·
Registered
401 Posts
And it's something you have to push a button to turn on, like nitrous?
Not exactly. If you're saying you have to push a button to deliver the nitrous, with the Zex Kit, you do have to "Arm" the system but gas delivery is actuated with a TPS (Throttle Position Switch) that senses WOT. In addition, you can use the Zex Traction Control Window Switch and program when the nitrous will hit. (For instance, not under 2500 rpm's and at shift to 2nd gear).

If you didn't mean it that way, disregard this reply!!:silenced:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Wow I learned something new. Thanks. I didn't know nitrous worked like that. I thought you had to flip a switch anytime you wanted it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts