Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys... Last night was again another great tuning night at Pro-Motion Tuning using the CMR Official Release Tuning Software on our Dynojet Dyno.

Board member FlyByU drove from Long Island, NY to our Virginia location to get his Dodge Charger SRT-8 Dyno Tuned.... The results will simply amaze you.

First... Details on the car...

Dodge Charger SRT-8
Airaid Intake w/ scoop - 1 stage colder plugs - Ceramic Coated, Ported and Polished Intake Manifold - Econo Heads - Tomahawk Cam - Kooks Headers w/ Cats - Flowmaster Exhaust

Now the Conditions at the time of the dyno runs...

57-58 Degrees Air Temp, 30 in-Hg, 41% Humidity
With this being said, the correction factor was actually against us last night, but still some great numbers...

THE TUNING PROCESS

1st pull - Stock Computer
424.22 HP & 429.08 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

2nd Pull - Diablo Predator with B&G Emailed Stage 2 Tune
440.47 HP & 447.84 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

3rd Pull - Diablo Predator with Pro-Motion Tuning CMR Tune
450.45 HP & 453.63 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

Results - 26.23HP Gain over stock and 24.55 FT/LBS over stock with a safer AFR Then any other tune including Stock.

If anyone is interested in a Mail Tune or getting dynoed at our shop, feel free to PM me immediately for pricing. We are starting to back up right now on Dyno Appointments. We also are Offering Travel Tuning to anywhere in the USA. For this option you will need to get 4-5 cars confirmed to tune before the trip can be planned. We have right now a schedule being worked on for the Atlantic City NJ area and the Dallas TX Area. If you are in those areas, please contact me ASAP.

Here are the graphs to document the results. Look at the Second Chart to see that the car was a ticking time bomb with the stock tune as well as the B&G Mail Tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I get this kinda tune in Cali?
We can fly out to your area and tune it on a local Dynojet, we can offer you a mail tune and/or you can ship the car to Virginia :) I am sure you can tell there is obviously big differences in price in those options. If you can get 4-5 cars in your general area, we can fly out and do a group tuning session. We are working on that for customers in NJ and TX right now...

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Well guys... Last night was again another great tuning night at Pro-Motion Tuning using the CMR Official Release Tuning Software on our Dynojet Dyno.

Board member FlyByU drove from Long Island, NY to our Virginia location to get his Dodge Charger SRT-8 Dyno Tuned.... The results will simply amaze you.

First... Details on the car...

Dodge Charger SRT-8
Airaid Intake w/ scoop - 1 stage colder plugs - Ceramic Coated, Ported and Polished Intake Manifold - Econo Heads - Tomahawk Cam - Kooks Headers w/ Cats - Flowmaster Exhaust

Now the Conditions at the time of the dyno runs...

57-58 Degrees Air Temp, 30 in-Hg, 41% Humidity
With this being said, the correction factor was actually against us last night, but still some great numbers...

THE TUNING PROCESS

1st pull - Stock Computer
424.22 HP & 429.08 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

2nd Pull - Diablo Predator with B&G Emailed Stage 2 Tune
440.47 HP & 447.84 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

3rd Pull - Diablo Predator with Pro-Motion Tuning CMR Tune
450.45 HP & 453.63 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

Results - 26.23HP Gain over stock and 24.55 FT/LBS over stock with a safer AFR Then any other tune including Stock.

If anyone is interested in a Mail Tune or getting dynoed at our shop, feel free to PM me immediately for pricing. We are starting to back up right now on Dyno Appointments. We also are Offering Travel Tuning to anywhere in the USA. For this option you will need to get 4-5 cars confirmed to tune before the trip can be planned. We have right now a schedule being worked on for the Atlantic City NJ area and the Dallas TX Area. If you are in those areas, please contact me ASAP.

Here are the graphs to document the results. Look at the Second Chart to see that the car was a ticking time bomb with the stock tune as well as the B&G Mail Tune.

What's Up!!!!! Hey I think I'm going to bring my car in and have you guys Dyno Tune it, question - what's involved with this mail tune? I have 6 Good WOT Data log files on my laptop...what's the next step? What are you guys charging for a custom Dyno Tune?

·
Registered
134 Posts
How much is the mail in tune?, after that i take it to a dyno shop and they tune the car with your tune, im a little confused about it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What are the Texas dates you are considering? I am very interested;however, my car will not be delivered untill Nov. 15.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much is the mail in tune?, after that i take it to a dyno shop and they tune the car with your tune, im a little confused about it?

Mail tunes are done via getting a list of mods from you, your stock file, and then some datalogs off your car... We will then dial your car in and swap logs and files back and forth to get your car running safe and strong. The entire process can take up to 2-3 days and will require a laptop or some other way to get log files to your Computer to email to us. Pricing is not steep at all and I will PM it to you...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are the Texas dates you are considering? I am very interested;however, my car will not be delivered untill Nov. 15.
With an estimated date for NJ being set around the Englishtown Event on Nov 17th, I dont see TX being till after thanksgiving...

James

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Great job James. you guys are early CMR pioneers for us. If my count is right, you've done 5 lx cars already and shown significant SAFE results for everyone. Best yet, we're making more HP with SAFE air fuel and ZERO knock retard. Key for keeping these pistons whole.

Nice work!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job James. you guys are early CMR pioneers for us. If my count is right, you've done 5 lx cars already and shown significant SAFE results for everyone. Best yet, we're making more HP with SAFE air fuel and ZERO knock retard. Key for keeping these pistons whole.

Nice work!

Thanks for the comments...

James

·
Registered
131 Posts
James can you please send me a PM when the NJ date is set ... I just got a new job with a big ass raise so it looks like my dyno session may come sooner than expected!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
James can you please send me a PM when the NJ date is set ... I just got a new job with a big ass raise so it looks like my dyno session may come sooner than expected!
At this time we are aiming for Nov 16-Nov 18th but the details are still coming out... I dont know everything just yet!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Aint this fun guys :)

If you are heavily modded, get your car CMR tuned, you wont regret it. I feel alot safer.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Aint this fun guys :)

If you are heavily modded, get your car CMR tuned, you wont regret it. I feel alot safer.
I've been thinking about getting the CMR tune, but looking at your MODs I can see how it hooked you up, what is your opinion with say an SRT8 like mine with only bolts ons and a canned tune, do you think its worth it?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been thinking about getting the CMR tune, but looking at your MODs I can see how it hooked you up, what is your opinion with say an SRT8 like mine with only bolts ons and a canned tune, do you think its worth it?

Steve... we will be doing crhemi's STOCK SRT-8 here soon for that answer if no one can provide the answer in the meantime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice conservative tune.....The AFR is much improved over the previous tunes. I'm sure if we had some REAL tuning software, the results would be even better!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts