Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Board member Hemi~C~ drove to our shop last Friday from Maryland to get his Chrysler 300C 5.7L Dyno Tuned.... The results were INSANE!!!

First... Details on the car...

Chrysler 300C 5.7L
FRI Street Port Heads - Sidewinder Cam - Open Air Filter - DynaTech Longtubes - High Flow Cats - Corsa Exhaust - 1 Stage Colder Plugs

Now the Conditions at the time of the dyno runs...
65-67 Degrees Air Temp, 30 in-Hg, 70% Humidity

THE TUNING PROCESS

1st pull - Stock Computer
388.66 HP & 391.26 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

2nd Pull - Diablo Predator Performance 93 CAI Canned Tune
399.38 HP & 415.53 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

3rd Pull - Diablo Predator with B&G Mail Tune
388.75 HP & 421.91 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

12th Pull - Diablo Predator with Pro-Motion Tuning CMR Tune
410.21 HP & 429.13 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

Results - 21.55 HP Gain over Stock Tune and 37.87FT/LBS over stock with a safer AFR then any other tune in the canned section and Mail Tunes. More Proof you need CMR Tuning if you have heads and Cams!

If anyone is interested in a Mail Tune or getting dynoed at our shop, feel free to PM me immediately for pricing. We are starting to back up right now on Dyno Appointments. We also are Offering Travel Tuning to anywhere in the USA. For this option you will need to get 4-5 cars confirmed to tune before the trip can be planned. We have right now a schedule being worked on for the Atlantic City NJ area and the Dallas TX Area. If you are in those areas, please contact me ASAP.

Here are the graphs to document the results. Look at the Second Chart to see that the car was a ticking time bomb with the Performance 93 CAI Canned Tune

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Good work guys.. Hemi C is prob so stoked right now..
No tell him to get out to the track and lay down some new best times..!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
oh my christ. Nothin else to say. Alsmot the same set up I am hoping to go with in february.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Only one word.............NASTY...:smoke:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Board member Hemi~C~ drove to our shop last Friday from Maryland to get his Chrysler 300C 5.7L Dyno Tuned.... The results were INSANE!!!

First... Details on the car...

Chrysler 300C 5.7L
FRI Street Port Heads - Sidewinder Cam - Open Air Filter - DynaTech Longtubes - High Flow Cats - Corsa Exhaust - 1 Stage Colder Plugs

Now the Conditions at the time of the dyno runs...
65-67 Degrees Air Temp, 30 in-Hg, 70% Humidity

THE TUNING PROCESS

1st pull - Stock Computer
388.66 HP & 391.26 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

2nd Pull - Diablo Predator Performance 93 CAI Canned Tune
399.38 HP & 415.53 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

3rd Pull - Diablo Predator with B&G Mail Tune
388.75 HP & 421.91 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

12th Pull - Diablo Predator with Pro-Motion Tuning CMR Tune
410.21 HP & 429.13 FT/LBS - Leanest AFR was [email protected] rpm

Results - 31.5 HP Gain over Stock Tune and 37.87FT/LBS over stock with a safer AFR then any other tune in the canned section and Mail Tunes. More Proof you need CMR Tuning if you have heads and Cams!
I dunno...last time I checked, 410.21-388.66 equaled 21.55HP gain over stock :grin: Just keeping you honest! :knockout:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno...last time I checked, 410.21-388.66 equaled 21.55HP gain over stock :grin: Just keeping you honest! :knockout:
Wow what a dagger... Hopefully one of the mods can Mod the title... Thats my fault 100%... Good thing ProMotionDave is the one who does the tuning late nights eh?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Pro Motion Tuning session simply rocked...not only did it result in one of the best (if not the best) RWHP/TQ numbers for a NA 5.7 but a quick jaunt down to the track set top ET for NA 5.7 as well. While the peak numbers are nice, they are only half the story. The overall bump in the curve is worth way more....especially up top at/near shift points.

Guys, I can't say enough how good it feels to make more power and be able to sleep at night now that I know my A/F is safe.

The only run I got before they shut the track down due to safety reasons (too slick) resulted in setting low ET (12.32 @ 111) for NA 5.7 with a soft launch and stock shift points.

I have no doubt the car, as it sits now, will hit 12.2 or possibly 12.1's in the next couple of weeks.

I will likely be heading back to PMT for some fine tuning once I can get a few runs under my belt and adaptives set in....and we even discussed the possibility of trackside tuning sessions....unreal support!!!!!

More to come......

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I firmly believe PMT should relocate to sunny Las Vegas nevada where the track almost NEVER gets rained on, so that I too can benefit from this tuning marvel!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I firmly believe PMT should relocate to sunny Las Vegas nevada where the track almost NEVER gets rained on, so that I too can benefit from this tuning marvel!
I will be in Vegas tomorrow with my cmr software if you want to meet up, we can get you dialed in. 13.70 is still way too lean if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be in Vegas tomorrow with my cmr software if you want to meet up, we can get you dialed in. 13.70 is still way too lean if you ask me.
Are you on the official release now? Do not tune with the Beta... Thats where alot of LEAN issues are coming from... We were unable to remove the 13.7 no matter what fuel adjustments we made... We believe the injectors are running out and needs to be rescaled with 6.1

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Are you on the official release now? Do not tune with the Beta... Thats where alot of LEAN issues are coming from... We were unable to remove the 13.7 no matter what fuel adjustments we made... We believe the injectors are running out and needs to be rescaled with 6.1
I have the beta and the official. We didnt have any issues with the beta and lean conditions. The only lean conditions are from canned tunes that were not setup for the amount of extra air provided by the heads/cam. All of our tunes are scaled for 6.1 injectors if that is what they are running. The 6.1 injectors are good up to about 440rwhp. If he is running the 5.7 injectors, he is definitely at 100% duty cycle and no amount of added fuel will fix his lean issues. I cant believe you are not getting KR at 13.7 and I really hope the knock sensors are not turned off to offset that issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will. I think I met you in florida at the delray location. judging by your pic, I am assuming you are the one with the drag radials on the mustang and it started raining. I was there with the 300c silver/red with flames down the center.
Ah yes, that was me. That was a gorgeous car.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I love to do that, except for a few small things....
1 Almost none of my engine mods are done, including headers which are back ordered. Heads and cam I cannot even consider for 3 more months, and 2) The doctors have most of my spare money now. lol
I am hoping to get in to SEMA tomorrow though, so I may try to find ya!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts