Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and the wife take the Charger down to Austin for the weekend and We are heading back to DFW today. Im cruising at 70 along Hwy 251 and I notice a Vulture flying low over the road. Then I see another one on the farside of the road picking at some roadkill and about to take flight as I barrel tword him.

Well, he took off, but went straight across the road in front of me! He was trying hard to gain altitutde, but he didn't make it. He nailed my windshield right behind the rearview mirror and he hit HARD! This was a Big A$$ bird (5-6 ft wingspan).
After the contact all I saw was one feather flying through the air behind me.

I was sure the windshield was gonna shatter, but it didn't, thank God, and then I was afraid that my roof would be dented, but there was no damage at all.:) I could see where he dragged a wing along the top of the roof, but no scratches or anything. I was amazed, but it definatley scared the crap out of me.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
happens...those big birds can cause some damage at high speeds though!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
we hit a peac0ck(altered to avoid filter since its not bad, its jsut a bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in my friends tahoe once. it was on purpose or anything either. nope. not at all.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
This was a Big A$$ bird (5-6 ft wingspan).
After the contact all I saw was one feather flying through the air behind me.
Was it a WS6 or a base Bird? Either way, nice kill!

:lol: :grin:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
we hit a turkey one time in my friends truck going up to lubbock. to this day I think that is the funniest thing I have ever seen. felt bad for the bird though.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
lol, i was in a car that hit a goose at about 50. it was like a down pillow blew up on our front windshield. car was a little pos geo.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts