Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to change my clock back an hour this morning in the car. I'll be darned if the clock didn't auto-change. The problem is it advanced an hour instead if rolling back an hour. I had to reset it back 2 hours.

I bought the car new March 6th, and thinking back I now remember a few days after buying it I had to change the clock 2 hours ahead. I chalked it off to the dealership not setting it correctly. I think when we had the spring time change the clock rolled back an hour instead of advancing , making it 2 hours off.

I went into Settings but do not see any options for the clock other than hour and minutes and AM and PM.

Pretty sad when a car manufacturer can't get the software right to keep a clock in time.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Press on the time itself and should be able to change. Mine didn’t change until I started to drive a minute later.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what caused the time to auto adjust in the opposite direction?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Did you have daylight saving time on? We just came OFF of daylight saving time. Maybe it thought it was spring time.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I revised my original post to say settings instead of APPs. But I did touch the time and also going through the Settings option and neither method of accessing the clock settings has an option on my car to change into or out of DST.

The clock reset itself automatically but reset itself as if going into DST instead of out of it. Perplexing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend visiting the UConnect site (forum won't let me post link as a 1st timer) to see if you need an update. My clock was acting similarly on Sunday 11/3. Even if I set time manually, once I checked 'Synch time with GPS' in 'Settings, the time went off again. I figured it had something to do with a recent failed over-the-air update so I checked the UConnect site. There are different versions depending on what you have installed currently. In my case, the update was 'Uconnect_VP4,18.45.01-My13-17.' My clock behaved normally after the update process, which took about a half hour in the driveway with the engine running.

Per the TSB I found on a Ram forum, the update applies "to vehicles equipped with Uconnect 3C With 8.4 (RA3) or Uconnect 3C Nav With 8.4 (RA4) " and "If the update is not performed the following will occur.
• On November 3rd, 2019, all vehicles GPS functionalities (i.e. location, turn-by-turn, date, time) will be inaccurate.
• Certain connected services applications will lose functionality that depend on accurate GPS.
There will be no error message displayed to the customer.
• Vehicle location on GPS navigation screen will no longer follow the streets on the map.
• Connected services that utilize GPS time will no longer function."

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TY for the info. I input the vin and it shows up to date. I don't have NAV so there is no problem there.

This clock rest issue is something I will just cope with in the future by making the time change manually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TY for the info. I input the vin and it shows up to date. I don't have NAV so there is no problem there.

This clock rest issue is something I will just cope with in the future by making the time change manually.
Interesting...the TSB mentioned both NAV and non-NAV systems so I assumed partial GPS function was working in the background for things like auto-clock updates. If you figure out a solution, keep us in the loop!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My clock did the same thing & automatically advanced an hour. No NAV or GPS here.
I guess we both should have forked over the extra bitcoin and got the upgrade to assure our clocks would reset accurately. In a way it's comical our clocks change but in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess we both should have forked over the extra bitcoin and got the upgrade to assure our clocks would reset accurately. In a way it's comical our clocks change but in the wrong direction.
The TSB mentioned both NAV and non-NAV systems for the UConnect update: maybe the updates are coming in phases!? I don't know. That said, IMO the extra cost of the GPS wasn't worth it: map updates are around $100, only come out once/year and are a year behind to boot (i.e., my 2018 update had 2017 mapping data.) Overall a rip-off.

·
Registered
700 Posts
My clock automatically changed with DST, but in the wrong direction. It went back one hour. It's obviously recognizing that DST exists, it's just adjusting the wrong way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It went back 1 hour instead of forward. I had to manually re-set. If anyone discovers why, please post. I will do the same if I discover the reason.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again, mine adjusted the wrong direction too. The car was just diagnosed with a bad radio on Thursday because of intermittent total screen blackout, and intermittent blue screen for backup. It should be up and running within a week when the new radio is installed and then we will see if a new radio fixes the clock problem too . . . . next time change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine did the same thing on both DST changes. Then it would randomly go back to the wrong time after I adjusted it manually.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
My clock automatically changed with DST, but in the wrong direction. It went back one hour. It's obviously recognizing that DST exists, it's just adjusting the wrong way.
Mine did the same thing. It went back 1 hour instead of forward. I had to manually re-set. If anyone discovers why, please post. I will do the same if I discover the reason.
Mine did the same thing on both DST changes. Then it would randomly go back to the wrong time after I adjusted it manually.
Hi Torquer, fusilea, and KAS! I do apologize for the trouble you all are experiencing with your clocks. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are d
Hi Torquer, fusilea, and KAS! I do apologize for the trouble you all are experiencing with your clocks. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares
Are dealerships even open right now?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Are d

Are dealerships even open right now?
Hi KAS, Please use the link below to view hours for your dealership. Many dealerships will also include their website and phone number.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 20 of 27 Posts