Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Daytona Charger with the RER steroe. My clock seems to gain time, about 5 minutes a month. It also seems to randomly change back to EST timezone and Daylight Savings off. Anyone with a similar issue or a fix?

BTW, I had my Dodge dealership look into this. The service rep said he'd heard of this but couldn't find a service bulletin on it. The mechanic said he watched the clock for an hour but didn't see it gain time. WTF.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
My 06 R/T gains about 2 min a month.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
I have a 2008 Daytona Charger with the RER steroe. My clock seems to gain time, about 5 minutes a month. It also seems to randomly change back to EST timezone and Daylight Savings off. Anyone with a similar issue or a fix?

BTW, I had my Dodge dealership look into this. The service rep said he'd heard of this but couldn't find a service bulletin on it. The mechanic said he watched the clock for an hour but didn't see it gain time. WTF.
They need to replace the WIN module pn:05026298-AF. The Wireless Ignition Node is the socket your key goes into. I had the exact same problem (with a MyGig REN) and it was remedied by that replacement. The WIN is actually the module that has the clock in it. The radio does not. The radio and a bunch of other thing in the car communicate over the CANBUS.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Why dont you guys just fill up mr fusion and set the date for nov 5 2015. Then when you get there , i'd buy an almanac for the 80's showing all the sports scores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info about the WIN module. (I double-checked, and my radio actually is an REN model, too.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts