Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this off E-Bay - yes I know, should only buy from dealer, but it was at a great price, new too. But, I have it now, and obviously after reading the manual it is beyond my capabilities to install.

So, looking for guidance on how to approach someone who CAN install it.

Will they give me a lot of flak and say no because they did not sell it?

Or just do it anyway as if I bought it from them and be happy to get another customer with lots of future business potential (I am crazy about this car!).

I do not expect a warranty from them, just to pay the same price as if I bought it from them - is that unrealistic as they did not get the profit margin on the original sale?

What would be a reasonable price for installation?

Please help me out, thanlks!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Will they give me a lot of flak and say no because they did not sell it?
Yes, Ebay and 'flea markets' are killing us 'brick and mortar' stores.

Or just do it anyway as if I bought it from them and be happy to get another customer with lots of future business potential (I am crazy about this car!).
No. See first answer.

I do not expect a warranty from them, just to pay the same price as if I bought it from them - is that unrealistic as they did not get the profit margin on the original sale?
Yes. We have set prices on what were supposed to sell the units for, in some areas (liek mine) there isnt a ton of money floating around, so to make the companies happy, we eat portions of labor (but obviously make up for it in unit sales) but its still less than ideal.

Honestly, I charge way more when people bring stuff in. I was talking to my Dist the other day, and he said a lot of buisness are going out of buisness. If I didnt do other things (wheels, accys, etc) my future might not be so pretty either. Im not trying to be an ass, or come off as a jerk, just giving you the professional answers (and maybe a little more) you were looking for.

Being a Charger, I would charge you about $250 in parts/labor.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
THATS ABOUT RIGHT TO INSTALL THAT ALARM. and have a pro do it! our cars are tricky to work on. slow in right a lot of car based copanys are going out of bizz lately/but the ft lauderdale swap shop is also getting hit hard and 21 half a$$ hack shops there have gone bye bye [thats good for me]

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Tell them you got it as a gift. Dont tell them you gota heck of a deal on ebay.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Any retail place sells the unit + install, never just the unit. its part of the agreement (especially with DEI) that you install it, not just sell it to the customer.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Any retail place sells the unit + install, never just the unit. its part of the agreement (especially with DEI) that you install it, not just sell it to the customer.
Circuit City sells DEI all day without install if you choose that option. I am not saying they are suppose to I am just saying they do.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not trying to be an ass, or come off as a jerk, just giving you the professional answers (and maybe a little more) you were looking for.

Being a Charger, I would charge you about $250 in parts/labor.
That's exactly the info I was looking for. No, you're not being an a$$, just giving me the goods - much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
That's exactly the info I was looking for. No, you're not being an a$$, just giving me the goods - much appreciated!
I myself have never had any trouble getting electronics installed that were purchased somewhere else. When it comes down to it. Money is Money.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Im not going to give you 'trouble' but youre going to pay more when you bring something in, opposed to buying it from me.

I know CC and BBY sell DIY systems, but Ive put in mnay years at best buy and the labor is included in the sales Sku. CC might be different; through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts