Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where I read this but someone wanted ideas on how to clean their tips...

Well I just did the clay bar treatment on my car and when the small piece of clay I was using was good and worn and the car was done I figured what the heck and sprayed the inside and outside of the tip with the Meguiars detailing spray and went to work with the clay... it worked great ! My hands came out sooty but once the tips were wiped off they came out shiny like new.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I just put the high pressure tip on my pressure washing, and spray the tip real close, and it shines it right up.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be a little more risque by the title, guess I'm a gutter brain.
:grin:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be a little more risque by the title, guess I'm a gutter brain.
:grin:
exhaust tips?

granted i have a sick mind, i'm dying to hear how you though this was gonna be risque....

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
nope i have the winning solution guys. A little gas on a shop towel does it perfect. Try it and see

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I use wheel cleaner...

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Gas is too expensive... :lol:
I think that dollar for dollar, gallon for gallon, gas is cheaper than any cleaner you can buy.

But I still wouldn't do it. I hate the smell of gasoline on my hands. Blech!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Wow, some "tips" to try (NO pun intended) ;)

Seriously, I've been using Bleche White for my rims - well, used to until I replaced my brake pads. Now they practically clean themselves.

I've been using the Bleche White on my tips still, but now that they're almost two years old, they're starting to stain here and there. Maybe one of you guy's solutions is the answer I'm looking for . . . I think I'll try the gasoline trick, since that's cheaper than claybar (and I don't have an old one currently, they're all new). And Windex huh? I wonder if that's strong enough . . .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts