Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so. does it drive any body else up a wall when you wash your car, drive for 24 hrs without rollin down the windows... (i keep mine down a lot) just to avoid streaking, and even a day later, when u roll em down, water from your wash a day ago is still in the window sills? and streaks across your window?

the only way ive found is to roll the window down, and then clean out the sill, but even that doesnt get it all. then clean the window again. and wait 24 hrs. test roll. and usually clean it again.

any one found a super secret trick to combat this?
also, what do you guys use to clean your windows? outside?inside?

how often do you wax your car? is it possible to do it too often? ive put a coat of meguiars on twice now, separated by a couple months, and was thinking it may be better to do it more often. i was my car a minimum of once a week.
hand wash i might add.

products generally used:
coral blue soap, hot rims spray wheel cleaner, tire shine/protectant stuff(cant remember the name lol... i love it tho, lasts forever). meguiars all in one wax. and some pretty generic bug/tar stuff(black bottle with green letters etc.), cali water blade, absorber, couple microfiber rags and a chamois.

any reccomendations? i love takin good care of my baby and i know theres people out with much better experience than i

the dude

·
Registered
657 Posts
For the window issue, I hate that. If you find some super secret, let me know. For cleaning supplies I love Meguiars products.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gotta keep that a/c clutch disengaged! 1 hp > 0 hp haha :D
naw, i just love to roll with the windows down.. have wind in my hair.. hear the pipes roar.. be super cliche..

·
Registered
928 Posts
and so he can get that sweet sweet one arm tan.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and so he can get that sweet sweet one arm tan.
not with my handy dandy sun roof!!! otherwise my pale white left arm would be doomed

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I use a microfiber towel + stoners glass cleaner for the inside. For the outside, I use a claybar and then the microfiber+stoners. If you've got a compressor, compressed air should blow all the water out of the window weatherstrip if it bothers you that much. :D

Best,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check out autopia.org. You'll find tons of answers to all your questions- including how often, what products, the "correct" way to wash (2 bucket method), and reasons not to use a California blade.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well...

I have not taken a water house to one of my rides in years.

Use the bucket, wrung out soft cloth and big soft towell to wash one panel at a time method. Only a couple drops of soap in the whole bucket.

No spots, no water where it should notbe, and roll those windows down whenever you want. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.