Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i saw a thread like this already, but i cant find it/ or remember what to do, sorry

anyways, i find that the dash of the chargers is a pain to clean
i have tried armor all, didnt like it
i have also tried Meguires tire and rubber cleaner

both of these worked very poorly
they left streaks on the dash where you could see what areas were wiped more than others

what are you guys using as far as cleaners and what kind of cloth/towel is recomended

thanks

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I just cleaned my RT for a car show tomorrow. Luckily, all the dash needed was dusting (Swiffer auto dusters are THE BEST). I'm very interested in hearing tales of dash cleaning. Time to search!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Armor all is a no no...I just use a warm damp rag.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
brooks said:
i think i saw a thread like this already, but i cant find it/ or remember what to do, sorry

anyways, i find that the dash of the chargers is a pain to clean
i have tried armor all, didnt like it
i have also tried Meguires tire and rubber cleaner

both of these worked very poorly
they left streaks on the dash where you could see what areas were wiped more than others

what are you guys using as far as cleaners and what kind of cloth/towel is recomended

thanks
There is actually a TSB out for this, you use mopar satin select interior treatment p/n#05174395aa available at your local dodge dealer... :happy:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
brooks said:
sounds good, but i thought armor all isnt supposed to be used on our dashes
You are right. I found out the hard way. My car wash used Armoral on my dash and after finding out that it is not supposed to be used I washed it off with Maguires interior detailing spray and found that there were spots left in the dash from the Armoral. After about five times the spots are finally gone and the dash looks new again.

All I will ever use for now on is Maguires interior detail spray. Same thing as the mopar interior spray.

·
Registered
244 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
i did multiple coats of the extreme shine armorall. no streaks just a vast wasteland of brilliant shine.
Is that shine or slime??? :rolleyes: Just kidding, I am just not a fan of Armoral.

·
Registered
403 Posts
dco397 said:
Is that shine or slime??? :rolleyes: Just kidding, I am just not a fan of Armoral.

i have used it for years no problems no cracked dashes no falling apart or what ever else you guys are afraid of. Not slimey you can touch it and its still there.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
rcs426 said:
i just use a swifter it removes all the dust and lint

Aren't they cool!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It was my understanding that you are not suppose to use any high gloss treatments.
The dash is intended reduce glare on the windshield. That's the only reason you are not suppose to use Armoral.
________
Pattaya apartments

·
Registered
403 Posts
maneval69 said:
It was my understanding that you are not suppose to use any high gloss treatments.
The dash is intended reduce glare on the windshield. That's the only reason you are not suppose to use Armoral.

that is what I assumed it meant. I asked at the dealer and that was thier answer that they dont for the glare. I dont get any glare that I can notice so I will stay with my ultra shine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a thought...

Has anyone tried 303? I own an Avalanche and use this protectant to maintain the lower body panels. 303 is sold at boating stores (Western Marine), contains 40spf, repels dust, water, and leaves only a light matte shine. Best part is that it contains no harmful silicone oils, petroleum distillates, waxes or abrasives. Very good stuff IMO.

Unfortunately, I have not tried 303 on the charger dash; however, I will just as soon as I pick-up my Charger. According to the dealer, it should be here today (9/24); silver steel R/T with the road performance package and a few other goodies. I can’t wait!

TP

·
Registered
559 Posts
Lexol is an awesome product that works very well on most dashes. They sell the (blue) Lexol for vinyl and the (orange) Lexol for leather. I can't speak for the new chargers as I just ordered mine but I have detailed over 200 cars in the last 4 years and it works awesome.

www.spalisautodetailing.com
________
jugalettes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts