Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use to clean the insides of your windows? When I clean mine, they look clean but then I will see major streaks when the sun hits the window just right. What is the best way to prevent them?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I just use a regular window cleaner thats safe for tinted windows and a microfiber cloth. Sometimes I will rub newspaper over the inside of the windshield and rear window because those two are the hardest windows to clean on any car. Its not easy sometimes to get the inside windows really clean though. :confused:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I was plagued with the streaking too. Surprisingly, I'm having decent luck with GlassPlus wipes.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I just use a regular window cleaner thats safe for tinted windows and a microfiber cloth. Sometimes I will rub newspaper over the inside of the windshield and rear window because those two are the hardest windows to clean on any car. Its not easy sometimes to get the inside windows really clean though. :confused:
After years of searching for the holy grail of inside window cleaning, the microfiber towel is the answer. Everything else would just smear the windshield.
Newspapers would work but are messy. A microfiber towel and any cleaner absorb the grease which would normally just smear. This is the answer you have been searching for, oh young charger.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i use this invisable glass. it says not to use it w/ paper towels, but i'm lazy and i use paper towels anyways and it works AWESOME. interior of windows and exterior. went from houston to dallas last weekend and by the time i got here the wind shield and headlights were COVERED with bugs. sprayed this stuff on and wiped them all right off with just one swipe. amazing stuff. it'd probably work even better w. micro fiber towels as mentioned above. it says to use them in the directions.

http://www.invisibleglass.com/

edit: u wouldnt think the spray can configuration of it would be clean and accurate enough to use inside, but i can do it easily without making any mess whatsoever. it sprays very accurately

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, myself, I find that when I used the MOPAR glass cleaner, it get's my window's clean, and yes, use a micro fiber rag. I was tuned on to that when I was selling car's for Dodge. It also cleans window sticker gum and all sort's of stuff. I even used it on some chewing gum that I somehow picked up on my rim's. You can buy this stuff at your local Dodge dealership. I don't know how much it will cost, but I got mine for free. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Window cleaner is window cleaner .. the secret to no streaks, in my opinion, is wiping it with a dry microfiber afterwards.

I use either Meguiars Quick Detailer or Meguiars NXT Window Cleaner and clean it well. They will both streak, but simply turn over your Microfiber and wipe it with a dry side. Streaks will be gone. Same goes with wheels.

-R

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am going to use a microfiber towel next time. Hope this is the answer. I just cleaned the windows this morning and it took forever to try to get rid of the smears. Thought I got rid of them and low and behold I just got in the car this afternoon and the streaks and smears are ridiculous. This happens everytime I clean the windows.:(

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the exact same issue and it is also driving me nuts. I have tried Stoners, NXT, Glass-Plus, Rain-X Glass Cleaner, Armor-All Glass Cleaner and a few others, I have used newspaper (Only thing SF Bay area papers are good for...)microcloth, papertowels, etc...My best combo so far seems to be Stoners with fresh Newspaper.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Newspaper?? I dont understand. U use newspaper to clean your windows?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I've struggled for years with this issue and yes the old micrfiber clothes have been the ticket. I use vinegar and water, like 4 capfulls in an old windex bottle with distilled water. Then to make sure I nailed the job right I like to roll up to the big K_mart parking lot right at night fall and park at an angle a little ways from a parking lot light - then use the light while I'm in the car to make sure there are no streaks.... pretty much so this has worked great for me. Also I like to use 2 clothes - one for application and the other for wiping clean.

I always use newspaper and Windex on the outside of the windows. Definitely messy but the oil in the ink really shines up nice, especially if you use Rain-X!!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Newspaper?? I dont understand. U use newspaper to clean your windows?
a lot of people like to use newspaper instead of towels or paper towels. its actually supposed to work better than ANYTHING. most car show ppl use it. i've tried it and didnt like it at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use hot water with a titch of dish soap and then dry with newspaper. Works well for me :)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Window cleaner is window cleaner .. the secret to no streaks, in my opinion, is wiping it with a dry microfiber afterwards.

I use either Meguiars Quick Detailer or Meguiars NXT Window Cleaner and clean it well. They will both streak, but simply turn over your Microfiber and wipe it with a dry side. Streaks will be gone. Same goes with wheels.

-R
ditto. This is what I do and no streaks.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
water and microfiber cloth, for the outside i just use the windshield wiper fluid and that works like a charm.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts