Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Dodge Charger has anyone found a way to clean it. I get white fuzz on mine and can't find anything that will get it off easy. Tape doesn't work well any ideas would be great. Thanx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Use a high quality microfiber towel that doesn't disintegrate easily. Remove stuck fibers (even the best microfibers will leave some on this plastic material) with a household duster. The household duster will remove any microfibers stuck on the plastic if you continuously dab it (do not rub it, or you will leave duster particles on the dash).

This particular material is a detailer's nightmare, but it can be cleaned flawlessly if you do what I mentioned above.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the micro fiber and packaging tape tonight. Neither worked well for me. I did have luck with a small brass brush. I rubbed it on felt and it lifted the stuff right out and I could take off by rubbing it off with fingers. Thanks for the advise. Try a brass brush you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just a little advice. If you're planning on keeping the car for any length of time, don't use a brush with metal bristles on the felt. It's not the toughest material on your car and I actually cringed reading that a brass brush was used on it.

Get a small scrub brush, like a pot scrubber with plastic bristles. It'll get the felt clean without destroying it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Maybe not the most efficient method but it's ok and fast; I use a heavy duty lint roller for felt trim, amd hair in carpet and seating that is not removed with a vacuum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts