Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So popped the hood other day and noticed I have debris built up on the outside of the filter. Do I just take it off blow it out good or do I use something specific to clean it with? Btw it's a AEM brute force CAI

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
If it's an oiled filter you need to snag a recharge kit which comes with stuff to clean and reoil. If it's dry you just wash it in mild soap and water, rinse and air dry. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's an oiled filter you need to snag a recharge kit which comes with stuff to clean and reoil. If it's dry you just wash it in mild soap and water, rinse and air dry. :thumbsup:
You know man I really don't know. The filter is red and it's not black I figured I could just blow it out with an air hose. I rather clean it completely but not sure if it's dry or oiled filter

·
Registered
318 Posts
You know man I really don't know. The filter is red and it's not black I figured I could just blow it out with an air hose. I rather clean it completely but not sure if it's dry or oiled filter
Oiled ones are sticky when you inspect it, the dry ones you can just blow off the dirt.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Oiled ones are sticky when you inspect it, the dry ones you can just blow off the dirt.
You should really do a full wash on a dry filter, blowing it wont get nearly as much of the dirt out as good ol' soap and water. :beerchug:

·
Registered
318 Posts
You should really do a full wash on a dry filter, blowing it wont get nearly as much of the dirt out as good ol' soap and water. :beerchug:
I was only referring how to tell the difference between oiled and dry filters

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts