Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some time on Sunday, so I decided to wash, clay, and wax my banana. It was the first time I clayed the entire car. The first time I just clayed the doors when I removed my side mouldings last year. Anyway, it is very time consuming but I think it was worth every minute. The paint surface is amazingly smooth to touch. If you are thinking about claying your car, I highly reccommend it. I used Meguiar's Clay Bar with Cleaning Wax compound. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. :banana:

Car is pretty much stock, with the side mouldings removed and a MOPAR CAI.

Comments welcome.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
That looks JUST LIKE my car!!!

Nice job! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i've clayed mine and it wasnt enough. still got rail dust in there from the factory and no time to buff it. I'll just deal with my little red/brown dots

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
i've clayed mine and it wasnt enough. still got rail dust in there from the factory and no time to buff it. I'll just deal with my little red/brown dots
Did you actually take the time necesary or did you go over it once and say "Ah, hell, screw it?"? :lol:

Yeah, I had a lot of those spots, but I got them all out with a lot of work.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I did not have those spots wickedchargerrt was referring to. As for tough spots, I spent a lot of time redoing those areas.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I did not have those spots wickedchargerrt was referring to. As for tough spots, I spent a lot of time redoing those areas.
Understanhdable for a first time clay. Next time won't be as much work as long as you keep a nice coat of wax on her!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
very nice and shiny man!!! i wished my car looked like that, wait a minute, it does lol

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats looks amazing....

how long did it take...
The clay bar took about 3 hours. I did that on Sunday. Waxing took about 2 hours on Monday night. I would not reccommend doing both on the same day. Your hand might fall off. After, I would also reccommend some :beer_yum:

WoW! that looks nice, you got that ride shining. ..
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
The clay bar took about 3 hours. I did that on Sunday. Waxing took about 2 hours on Monday night. I would not reccommend doing both on the same day. Your hand might fall off. After, I would also reccommend some :beer_yum:
I usually do mine over 2 days too...but that includes a really nice detail. Start early morning one day, and I wash, clay and polish. Next day is the coat of wax (after dusting off the car), then I do the interior.

It's a long process but I love doing it for the results! :rocker:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car has been stuck in the garage all week. I am trying to keep it clean for a car show tonight. It has rained everyday this week.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Don't nanners look great all decked out!!!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Don't nanners look great all decked out!!!
What a silly question Ralph...OF COURSE THEY DO!!! :rocker:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look awesome all decked out.

TopBanana107 - I noticed your calipers are painted. Did you do them yourself? Was it easy?

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
They look awesome all decked out.

TopBanana107 - I noticed your calipers are painted. Did you do them yourself? Was it easy?
Hahaha...another victim of the photoshop!!! They are not painted...those wheels were photoshopped onto my car for me to get a look at how my MSRTs would look on the Nanner. I sold them before I got to mount them...needed the cash.

I do plan on painting my calipers though...not sure on the color yet...either silver, or yellow. I hear that it is not too hard of a job to do which is why I'll be doing it, sooner or later!

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Clay bars are absolutely magical.

However, this threat title had me wondering... lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts