Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAGIC!!

Today I went to Wal MArt and Bought Meguires Detailing kit and a $20 Buffing tool (Which works extremely well i recomend it) And i tried to take all the scuffs and scratches I have on my car from all sorts of stuff, mainly ppl opening their doors on my Car!!!!:confused:

Well Like directions said, I first sprayed the scratches with the detailing spray and the went over them with the clay bar. The scuffs went away in a matter of seconds and the scratches just faded a little. I then took my buffer, applied a little but of scratch X on it and after like 15 seconds of buffing it out...WAH LAH!!! NO MORE SCRATCHES

I would HIGHLY recommend this kit to anybody with these kinda imperfections on their car...it works like MAGIC

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Congrats! What a difference clay bar makes. I just flayed the new traverse ltz and like magic, it looks all wet and smooth.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i used the scratch x and it done nothing for me . now the clay bar is well worth your money. but i wouldnt give a plug nickle for the scratch x. not for me. i havent found anythink that would even take a minor scratch out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use the scratch X all the time on my Black SRT and it's great for removing minor stuff.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
maybe i should have used a putty knife to put it on

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Don't forget that any time you use claybar (or Scratch-X for that matter) that you need to follow with wax. They both remove whatever wax you have on there.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
bY THE $20 BUFFING TOOL DO YOU MEAN THE POWERBALL?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Sam deal pat...its gonna be tempory. Exactly how bad are the swirls, cus you might just want to take it to a Reputable Body shop and have it buffed. No detailers, but a body shop and a good one
they're not that bad... but i'm about to go and do some work on my hood... i have to remove the wax first though:wax:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Repth and Black08 are right, Scratch-X fills up the scratches and will wash out after a couple of washes. Totally a waste of money if you are actually trying to FIX a scratch and not just mask it.

Here's another thing I always tell folks about advice in detailing forums. You need to inspect a man's paint before you take his word at how good a product is. If you can't go look at his car, have him post a sunburst or camera flash shot. As you have seen in many of my pictures, the light reveals all. I know from experience that Scratch-X is junk but some folks swear by it. I bet if I took a picture of their paint, they would feel differently. Even Scratch-X can't get past my camera's flash. Ask this former Scratch-X user who found that out last weekend...

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
ouch...^^^ I think I need to purchase a detail kit from you guys:cowsmile:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
well, I just got this kit from you guys... Adam's Complete 7424XP Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit

I'm pumped up for my big winter detail in Oct:rocker:

appreciate all the info:beerchug:
That's a great kit (I hope you used the Junkman coupon code and got your discount!). The only thing that you need to add to it is Claybar and you have just about everything I use in my videos. The Americana Paste Wax is the only thing that will give you more protection than the Superwax which comes with the kit, although you'll love what Superwax does for your paint.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the products or how to use them. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
That's a great kit (I hope you used the Junkman coupon code and got your discount!). The only thing that you need to add to it is Claybar and you have just about everything I use in my videos. The Americana Paste Wax is the only thing that will give you more protection than the Superwax which comes with the kit, although you'll love what Superwax does for your paint.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the products or how to use them. :bigthumb:
I did use the coupon:cowsmile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts