Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Neither (explain)

Votes: 5 16.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was originally thinking bottom right but now I'm considering in the middle... ideally I'd love to put it exactly where the trunk key hole is but I don't feel like getting into a major bodywork project. The trunk key hole is quite the blemish (even though I sanded off the blackout paint it's still visually distracting).

So whaddya think ? Rapid feedback appreciated... it's going on in a couple of hours !

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol one vote for each so far :p

I can't decide !!! ugh now I think I might be leaning more to the middle ?!?!?!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I saY leave it off...looks cleaner without. put it on the grill :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
To the lower right, it looks all alone and somewhat out of balance you might say.

In the middle above the key tumbler, looks a little out of place - too close to the tumbler.

I would either 1. Leave it off altogether or 2. Keep it in the middle but a little higher than where you have it in the pic. Maybe more towards the centerline of the trunk.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm well I want to put it on the trunk because I need to remind people behind me to respect the Charger :p Our beloved car is a bit too generic looking from the dead rear IMHO. I like the clean look of the debadged trunk to be sure but I had a bad day on the highway the very next day, might not be related at all but in my warped mind I related the lack of respect of my space bubble to the debadging !

Starting to agree more w/ 619's comment... don't really like it off to either side anymore... tho' one of my best buddies just told me he likes it off to the right (or left) lol

Don't really like it higher up in the middle much either... a couple more options attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
compromise...

hmm ok think I'm going with this one... for the next 10 minutes that is lol

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh no bottom right is winning... my original #1 choice ugh the pain lol

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I choose "Neither" it looks cleaner debadged :yes:

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
i like it on the left so i voted neither,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay, the more I look at it, the more I actually do like it to the right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well Lex, looks like you are on your own. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I actually debated this very same thing not too long ago. There's a thread somewhere.

I was pretty dead set on putting it in the middle but when I got the emblem and test-mounted it it seemed to scream HI I'M A TOYOTA SOLARA. It's a nice, clean look but ended up not being my style. I ended up actually putting mine on my grill, after having it in BOTH corners and not really feeling that either.

Out of all three, I liked in the bottom right the best, and vote here as such.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ugh I'm screwed lol :p

the idea of the bottom right is like the signature on a painting... signing my work of art ;) I think I'm coming back around to this first thought. Bottom left is where stock Charger letters are and without the SXT on there it just doesn't look right IMHO. Center is maybe too trendy...

thanks everyone for the thoughts !! I'll be sure to post a pic when it's on (doing a coat of wax first hope it stays stuck on lol) and sorry for the new thread since this has already been debated... gonna track that thread down to add to the indecision :p

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Lex which emblem is that? The one with the two sided tape or the one with the prongs?
It's the "fender" emblem w/ adhesive, Mopar P/N # P3504807

But this has all been Photoshop... I think I got the size about right, this one is smaller than the other one.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I Like It Better On The Lower Left.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would go with the larger emblem and put it on the lower left, thats what I am going to do, along with the larger emblem in the grille :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Center (old school)
ugh now I see this :p was starting to lean to the middle and this might have swayed it ! If there was more space under the trunk key (before the bend) this would have been best IMHO.

well it's on, lower right side I'll post a pic tomorrow. I'm not blown away by it but I'm not disappointed either. The included adhesive backing sure stuck on well I doubt I'd be able to easily pry it off. Just glad it's not crooked lol

Well popular opinion backed my decision... right now 11 votes for right side vs. 4 for center.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts