Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler may soon have another hit on its hands. The Auburn Hills, Mich., unit of DaimlerChrysler AG says it has taken 20,000 orders and identified 85,000 potential buyers for the 2006 Dodge Charger sedan, which went into production this week.

Not even the Chrysler 300 sedan, the automaker's biggest hit in years, posted such strong early numbers. "To us, it's a good indication of the interest level in this vehicle," Chrysler spokesman Rick Deneau said.

But the four-door revival of the classic muscle car will face stiff competition in the midsize sedan category now ruled by the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.

Chrysler will build the Charger at its plant in Brampton, Ontario, and expects to have the first models in dealerships by early next month.

Via: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/wheels/220908_tw222.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
ekool said:
Chrysler will build the Charger at its plant in Brampton, Ontario, and expects to have the first models in dealerships by early next month.

But, just to show how screwy the whole process is, I asked about Charger info at my dealer, "Nope, got nothing yet, maybe by June". :confused:

·
Banned
591 Posts
I went in to my local dealership, looked around no charger like they said they'd have by this week. Then went to grab a brochure and there was a slot labeled "charger" but there was nothing in it. Damn...20,000 pre-orders..and not even any information. Imagine if.... ;)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hey, with our site leading the way, it is easy to see why they have so many pre-orders. The only drawback is that we'll see alot of them on the streets...
P.S. Those orders are dealer and individual consumer combined.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chrysler just did an event in Denver to showcase the Charger and SRT's. From what the reps said the dealerhips should be getting them next month...
I don't think that I will hold my breath though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts