Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to discuss the 5 year plan to profitability.

Seems like a long time, even to present detail plans. Wall Street types will be unlikely to stay focused past the first 15 minutes.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i can do it in six minutes

-drop the 2.7
-drop the sebring/avenger
- renew the neon and srt4
- make a dakota colorado or ranger price, or put a hemi in it with a r/t badge
- show love to the chrysler loyalists
- drop chrysler financial
- bring back chrysler convertibles (crossfire gone, pt gone, just the sebring????) How bout a chrysler, rear drive, convertible car , not made by mercedes? Something along the lines of a prowler please
- share nothing with any company other than chitsabitcy. no mercedes, no fiat, no anything, chitsabitcy has been the only company we have gained anything from and we've done that for over 25 years

or. . . . lose thousands of customers

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my fav auto web blogger, Peter De Lorenzo http://www.autoextremist.com/

Huh? Six hours? A six-hour presentation to a group with the attention span akin to a bunch of high school seniors waiting for the last bell of the school year to ring? This is so wrong on so many levels that I can't even believe that they’re going there, or actually believe it’s a good thing. First of all, let’s get this out right up front: There is no way that Chrysler’s plans for 2010 to 2014 should take six hours to explain. They just don’t have that much going on and to believe otherwise suggests a level of looming arrogance within their management ranks that adds up to giant bowl of Not Good.

And it’s not enough to say in explanation that it’s the way that Sergio likes to do it, either. Wrong. What Sergio likes at this point is not really the issue. The issue is that two-thirds of the assembled media don’t give Chrysler a snowball’s chance in hell of survival, and they want to know the who, what, when, where, how and why of things. Bang. Right now. And that better take 90 minutes, tops.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
At least Fiat is trying to save Chrysler, unlike the last two owners.

Hopefully they roll out the EV's too, Though not for me, there are lots of people interested in a real EV, not Hybrid crap.

I bet there will be some cool stuff in the works. As for killing the Sebring and Avenger, not much point in that, just fix them and turn them into great cars. Honda does it all the time, they build a crap model, but they don't kill it, they fix it. That's a lot cheaper to do than try to launch a whole new car with all new issue possibly.

Biggest thing is they fired the advertizing company that has made the worst commercials in the industry. Hopefully the new company (Fiats) will do a better job and judging by the market Fiat gained in Europe, it should.

·
Registered
449 Posts
All I gotta say is that "SRT" had better still be here after the 6 hours is over-with.

No SRT = no interest in any chrysler vehicles (for me)

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gawd that was mind numbing boring. I was doing some other work while watching, and it still bored me to tears. Charger is still coming. Challenger is getting an incycle refresh. Viper is gone, Ram is now a brand, which makes absolutely no sense to create another brand. 500 is coming in a little over a year (I'll have to see that to believe it). 6.4L is finally going to be a reality. Biggest shock of all, it was reported they have increased their cash supply... until the analyst figured out how. Apparently they have really stretched out their payables. Biggest question, if they can create future sales they imagine with some new product... how will they get there while the current product sales are continuing to tank?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ok...i'm missing a lot of this info due to me being in Afghanistan.

500? What are we talken about?:confused:

Viper gone? WTF over...

Challenger...did they explain the plans for it?

Thanks ahead of time.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You may have found it Mid numbing. I found it very informative.

Sure made that reporter look bad that last week said all sorts of things that turned out to be flat WRONG! (rueters or NY times or something like that)

Wonder if he is being fined? Oh wait he is a reporter, they don't have to actually have FACTS anymore before they make up stories.

Caravan is dead, yea that was the funnest one of all!

I said all along, Don't believe the news, They make 90% of it up, this sure proved that right

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I agree with Wicked; the Neon should have been updated and upgraded and I think it would have done a lot better than the avenger and the new 2.4 turbo in AWD for the SRT version!!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You may have found it Mid numbing. I found it very informative.

Sure made that reporter look bad that last week said all sorts of things that turned out to be flat WRONG! (rueters or NY times or something like that)

Wonder if he is being fined? Oh wait he is a reporter, they don't have to actually have FACTS anymore before they make up stories.

Caravan is dead, yea that was the funnest one of all!

I said all along, Don't believe the news, They make 90% of it up, this sure proved that right
Here is the post that you thought was based on fantasy with my comments in red

Fiat to make Chrysler into . . . Fiat
The Italian carmaker expects to reintroduce Alfa Romeo to the US market and add many models that work in Europe. Many old US models will be phased out.
Posted by Charley Blaine on Monday, October 26, 2009 7:25 PM
Four months after exiting a U.S.-funded bankruptcy reorganization, Chrysler Group is about to unveil a product roadmap that relies heavily on vehicles from Italian partner Fiat (FIATY) while abandoning many of the U.S. carmaker's own models.
Mixed bag here, lot of Chrysler models cut, not as many Fiat models announced as I had thought

The plan, due to be unveiled Nov. 4, involves the reintroduction of Fiat's premium, sporty Alfa Romeo brand to the U.S. starting in 2012, The Wall Street Journal reported this afternoon.
Unsure, don't remember if they announced the Alpha Romeo

Bing: What is Chrysler's future?
Chrysler also will introduce the 500, Fiat's tiny car that is popular in Europe, to Americans. It won't, however, attach the Fiat name to it.
True, 500 is coming to America

Chrysler meantime is preparing to phase out many of its current models, particularly Dodge cars, the Journal said.
True, lot of cars have been cut

Fiat and Chrysler are working to create several new vehicles with Fiat technology for the U.S. market, including a midsize Chrysler-brand sedan to be released in 2012.
True

The sweeping changes, due to play out over the next two to three years, represent a big gamble for Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne, who has staked his reputation on the turnaround.
True, especially since Sergio said something to the effect of "trust me" {my paraphrase}

Marchionne, who successfully revamped Fiat, appears to be creating a vehicle lineup that stays true to Chrysler's blue-collar muscle-car and pickup roots while adding European-style vehicles to attract a new, more white-collar customer.
True, we're keeping the LX and adding some new cars

But in the short term, Marchionne's task is to keep the company afloat until 2012 when the bulk of the new offerings will come to the U.S.
True, the true test is going to be if they can hang on long enough

Chrysler is faced now with shrinking market share and few new models coming to market. While it doesn't disclose its finances, Fiat has said repeatedly it won't inject any money into Chrysler despite receiving a 20% ownership stake in the company's reorganization.
True, new models are still way too many months out. Chrysler's market share is still decreasing, Fiat once again reiterated they will not add additional capital to Chrysler.

Instead, it is contributing technology and management expertise.
True, fiat is contributing new engine technology and considering most of the executive ranks are Fiat personnel...

"The biggest issue this company has is getting through the next few years," Rebecca Lindland, an automotive analyst at IHS Global Insight, told the Journal.
True

"They are going to have a hard time maintaining market share, let alone increasing it."
TRUE... This one really boggles the mind. Chrysler's market share is still decreasing in a mostly flat market. Sergio's plan calls for increasing market share in a growing market. The projected sales are at best a pipe dream, and it's not tobacco in that pipe. It calls for 2010 industry sales substantially exceeding what all the experts have been calling for. In addition, the plan calls for growing market share with many models no longer in production. Less product does not lend itself to increasing production volumes
It looks to me as though the reporter nailed this article right on.

Fiat is going to have a tough time keeping this operation continuing as an on going concern. The statement "Chrysler has increased it's cash balance" sounds like great news... until you start looking at the fact they have aged their accounts payable even longer then they were before. Yea, if I don't pay my bills for month, my bank account has a lot of cash in it too. It's going to be a very tough balancing act to keep things operational until the new products are developed, and customers are convinced to return to Chrysler. Even the recent news leaking out that Fiat is ordering some changes to the new Charger and delaying it's launch is not going to be helpful. One of the bigger blogger sites is now calling it a 2012. What I'm hearing is stating it's no longer an early 2011, but standard 2011 car, but I can't get confirmation... which is suggesting that revised timing has not been finalized.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts