Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I always thought the Mag was more of a niche car and not a volume car. The cargo area is just too small to be useful.

Maybe if they made all of them in AWD it might have made a stronger niche

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Let me correct. tomorrow is the official announcement of ALL the vehicles getting the axe for sure, there should be more than magnum, pacifica, pt conv. Of course we all new the Magnum would get axed, with 48,000 annual sales that are probably over 90% fleet, there isn't much of a retail postion for it, Although I like the new SRT and R&T RT. I love my 2007 SRT8 Magnum, PR3, every option, even the stupid roof racks!

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
"In addition to the PT Cruiser convertible, Chrysler will announce tomorrow that it will shed the Pacifica wagon, the Crossfire coupe and the Dodge Magnum wagon over the 2008 model year. The aging Pacifica and Crossfire share no common underpinnings with other Chrysler vehicles and need expensive updates, while the slow-selling Magnum will be replaced by the Dodge Journey crossover when it launches next year."
The Crossfire?!?!?!?!? Now I am really upset. :cry:

I actually kinda liked that little car.

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I know that they have to cut models - but what the customers really want to here is what new, GOOD products are they developing?

Unless the ultimate plan is to shrink to profitability and sell, they better get the product guys moving and come up with some new designs.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I liked the looks of the Magnum, but c'mon, it's still a station wagon. I don't care how "cool" they make it, what with rims, horsepower, exhaust, etc. At the end of the day, it's still a station wagon.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Makes
A
Great
New
Undertaker
Mobile

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I liked the looks of the Magnum, but c'mon, it's still a station wagon. I don't care how "cool" they make it, what with rims, horsepower, exhaust, etc. At the end of the day, it's still a station wagon.

When it was first released, it looked like the car for the soccer dad. I have a much higher regard for it now, but yes it is a station wagon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When it was first released, it looked like the car for the soccer dad. I have a much higher regard for it now, but yes it is a station wagon.
Yeah, but all the west coast rappers started driving them and pimped their rides. Somehow, they got cooler...

Ironically, I had an impeccably dressed 50-year-old boss who drove one. He looked odd in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts