Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:whistle:
Hello everyone. Went to the dealership yesterday to check on the extended warranty programs for my charger that is on order. I was pleased with the information I received. The 7 year 70,00 bumper to bumper Maximum Care with repairs only with factory parts, rent-a-car priveldges, breakdown they will pay my expenses if we are 100 miles from home up to $1000.00. Towing , Roadside assistance, discount coupons covering most of the maintenance plus alot more...
Total cost $1,890.00 plus tax. That is alot of piece of mind to me for only 270.00 per year. Anybody found anything better?
Charles Brown

·
Registered
263 Posts
Charles Brown said:
:whistle:
Hello everyone. Went to the dealership yesterday to check on the extended warranty programs for my charger that is on order. I was pleased with the information I received. The 7 year 70,00 bumper to bumper Maximum Care with repairs only with factory parts, rent-a-car priveldges, breakdown they will pay my expenses if we are 100 miles from home up to $1000.00. Towing , Roadside assistance, discount coupons covering most of the maintenance plus alot more...
Total cost $1,890.00 plus tax. That is alot of piece of mind to me for only 270.00 per year. Anybody found anything better?
Charles Brown
You sure it is a 7/70,000? Mine is a 7/100,000. Same price paid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beware of the extended warranty. My dealer offered the 7/70 warrenty for $1200. I declined, and he offered to sell it for $950. I accepted the offer. When I recieved the paperwork a few day's later, it said I had purchased the 7/50 warranty! There is no way I am going to pay $950 for an additional 14,000 miles of warranty. This is the 2nd time dealers have tried to pull this "bait and switch" sales tactic. I am getting a full refund.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It seems to be negotiable from reading various posts. I'd like to know if there's somewhere to find out the cost to the dealer. I know the car's invoice price and can allow for reasonable profi when purchasing, but probably wouldn't want to agree to a 500% markup on a warranty.

Also everyone seems to recommend Chrysler extended warranty only...stay away from the other companies offering them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts