Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
News today, Chrysler droping the Dodge Magnum. Slow sales
sources???

edit: didn't they just give the magnum(srt8) a face lift? if so, it would seem highly unlikely they would drop it.

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The facelift was put into play before Chrysler was sold. So, that is why it went on. Things happened after the sale. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Too bad --- the Magnum was the coolest wagon out there. I would have bought an SRT8 version had I found one. I think the flood of used rentals on the market for low $$$ killed the market for new Magnums.

The Crossfire, Pacifica and PT Cruiser Convertable also bit the dust.

Fitzman

·
Banned
206 Posts
Here's a question for you guys to argue about for a few dozen pages...

Will the fact that the Magnum is no longer going to be produced after 2008 help or hurt its future used resale value?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
All I know is, around here in Philadelphia and suburbs, I almost NEVER, and I mean NEVER, see a Magnum, nor too many Chargers, for that matter.

300Cs are another story - they are EVERYWHERE on the roads - most of them V6s, but there are 3 SRTS right here in West Chester.

My point is, is that the only real hot seller of the LX cars is the 300, at least around here.

The Crossfire I can see - never been a big seller, when you could get the Mercedes equivalent for not too much more - especially the SRT. I did drive an SRT6 at the Experience, and it was a great car, no doubt.

PT Cruiser - never "got" what all the excitment was ever about.

Pacifica - ho hum..........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will the fact that the Magnum is no longer going to be produced after 2008 help or hurt its future used resale value?
I'd predict that the Magnum SRT8s, especially the even rarer 08s with the more agressive front end, will really hold their value for a couple years after production ends (as much as the other SRT8s). Once all the Magnum SRT8s are off the lots, someone seeking out this speciality car may be willing to pay a fair price. This was the case with the SRT-4s, although there was always higher demand for those than there ever was for the Magnum SRT8s. I know because I sold mine for what I paid (and then some) last year to someone who wanted as new as he could get. [P.S.: I regretted that sale and that is why I now have an SRT8].

I'm afraid the resale of the regular Magnums will drop once there is no manufacturer promotional support (not that there ever was much).

Fitzman

·
Registered
708 Posts
All I know is, around here in Philadelphia and suburbs, I almost NEVER, and I mean NEVER, see a Magnum, nor too many Chargers, for that matter.

300Cs are another story - they are EVERYWHERE on the roads - most of them V6s, but there are 3 SRTS right here in West Chester.

My point is, is that the only real hot seller of the LX cars is the 300, at least around here.

The Crossfire I can see - never been a big seller, when you could get the Mercedes equivalent for not too much more - especially the SRT. I did drive an SRT6 at the Experience, and it was a great car, no doubt.

Not here in So Cal - the 300 took off when they first came out, but now it's all about the King of LX's - The Charger!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

I don't know. If they had a Daytona Series....I bet this news would have made their value go up. I think they need to tone down the Charger Daytona production numbers. If it is flooded, no value will ever come.....IMO.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

I would say hurt. It wasn't made in small enough numbers to be collectable.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

Take 322 East across the bridge and you will be in Chargerland

·
Registered
28 Posts

Come to Seattle. Every other car is ether a Charger, Magnum, or PT Cruiser. I would complain, but until the LXs came out, all I ever saw were Hondas.

·
Banned
206 Posts
I would say hurt. It wasn't made in small enough numbers to be collectable.
Yeah but think of all the slobs looking for a new Magnum SRT-8 that won't be able to get one anymore... They'll have to look to the pre-owned market, thus an increase in demand...

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts

I noticed that last week when I ran the SRT8 up to Conshohocken for a funeral with a stop in Rosemont....I did not see one Charger the entire day while I was there, not one, the reception on the road was quite remarkable.....lots of thumbs up.....you know you can tell the folks in front of you are looking in thier rear view as you see them drive off the shoulder!!!......oh and Mags? I see them everyday down here in Southern Maryland.....there are a few SRT8s too....most of them are Hemi's too but other places I go I never see them, period.......

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
These LX cars really seem to be very regional as to where they sell well - as evidence by the above comments to my comment.

I kinda like it. There is a black Charger SRT8 I have seen around, but that's about it. I like driving a pretty unique vehicle.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts