Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have 2007 SXT with the stock exhaust. I've been looking to get a different exhaust, but don't want one that's too loud at all. A friend of our's has a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8, and is currently in the process of getting a Magnaflow system put on it. They have offered their stock exhaust to me.

Hopefully you guy's can help! Will this exhaust fit on without too much trouble? Will it match sizes? I know the SRT8 exhaust from the Charger isn't too good for the SXT, as the sizes don't match.

Help please :). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Right now I have 2007 SXT with the stock exhaust. I've been looking to get a different exhaust, but don't want one that's too loud at all. A friend of our's has a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8, and is currently in the process of getting a Magnaflow system put on it. They have offered their stock exhaust to me.

Hopefully you guy's can help! Will this exhaust fit on without too much trouble? Will it match sizes? I know the SRT8 exhaust from the Charger isn't too good for the SXT, as the sizes don't match.

Help please :). Thanks in advance.
If you do a little search, you'll find a similar thread, or many others...
To answer again, once more, the SRT8's exhaust is 3" diameter on the pipes. Your SXT is 2.25". With an adapter after the cats (2.25" to 3"), left side hangers, and left side heat shield under the gas tank; it'll fit.
HOWEVER... every car needs some type of backpressure, so if you put a 3" pipe exhaust to replace your 2.25" pipes, you'll most likely loose performance and have a slower car.
But to my understanding, the exhaust on the 300SRT8 will fit the Charger, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts