Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else having a problem with the crhome shifter ring coming loose when going around a corner? I have had it pop all the way off when going around curves at speed and come loose when going around corners in town.

Starting to get a little annoying and I can't see any reason it should be doing that. Unless the trans assembly is moving that much when I turn?

If any one has any idea or solution, it would be greatly apreciated..

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have a similar problem, though not as bad as that. I was cleaning out the little CD holder next to the shifter ring with a rag and I guess I pressed pretty hard b/c the other end of the cd holder popped out, loosening it from the console completely. When I tried to press it in (again I must have pressed hard), the chrome shifter ring popped off (I guess they closely share a support structure).

The Ring does not randomly pop off but it, along with the CD holder are not in tightly. applying any sort of pressure beyond 'daily use' will dislodge them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
DutchMaster said:
I have a similar problem, though not as bad as that. I was cleaning out the little CD holder next to the shifter ring with a rag and I guess I pressed pretty hard b/c the other end of the cd holder popped out, loosening it from the console completely. When I tried to press it in (again I must have pressed hard), the chrome shifter ring popped off (I guess they closely share a support structure).

The Ring does not randomly pop off but it, along with the CD holder are not in tightly. applying any sort of pressure beyond 'daily use' will dislodge them.
Same problem here :sad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Another possible mod? Maybe a brushed/satin aluminum trim ring (like the Viper) could be made available with a better fastener? Hello parts guys?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1RTw/RT4ME said:
Another possible mod? Maybe a brushed/satin aluminum trim ring (like the Viper) could be made available with a better fastener? Hello parts guys?
I was gonna look into it more this weekend, but since I have to drop a co-worker off at the local dodge dealer (I hate that place), I think I might go in and see what a new one costs and if cheap enough, buy it and mod it .....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah my chrome ring comes loose pretty easy......usually only do it when i am cleaning the car though......maybe you need to slow down crazy_luck, or super glue man!!! lol....... mine comes loose but not that loose......time for a visit to dodge maybe and they can deal with it......

·
Registered
290 Posts
I Haven't Had Any Problems Yet... But Will Keep An Eye Out For It...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine popped off while I was cleaning. It doesn't seem to stick in there too well, but as long as I don't touch it, it generally stays in.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
never seen mine move... but I only have 1500 miles on my car right now...

Also if there is any interest... I can get a billet CNC peice made to replace the plastic ring....

·
Registered
384 Posts
mine does it too, I don't know why but it starts at the rear end of it.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Mine too. I will spot glue it down one day at the underside tabs. Its real easy to take off... just lift the rubber pad under the ashtry. Two screws... the center console comes out. Had a 2005 300 and the ring-fit was perfect. Had the console apart in that car to apply vinyl carbon fiber to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts