Votes: 1 8.3%
  • December 15th

Votes: 9 75.0%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's early but wanted to throw this out there. I was thinking of a Charger/LX forum Christmas get together. I figured a Saturday night, possibly Dec. 1st, 8th or 15th. There could be a couple possiblities. Have it at a small hall catered. Nothing extravagant, but nice. Or a restaurant with a decent size side room that we could meet at. Possibly pick a place, get their menu and have people pre-order there meal so we can have a ball park figure for the tab. Drinks would be up to the person to purchase. Also, if there were enough interest, we could get a block of rooms if anyone interested in staying overnight. A centralized location would be ideal to reach out to everyone so that is why I mentioned the hotel. Let me know if you are interested and I will start a list. Also, any additional ideas are welcome.

Gary N

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I would be interested in this. What is the name of that hotel right off the pike that looks like a castle?? Pretty central location and easy access for all. Any one of the proposed Saturdays would work for me. Would be a nice way to touch base with everyone during the slow winter months

Tom

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be interested in this. What is the name of that hotel right off the pike that looks like a castle?? Pretty central location and easy access for all. Any one of the proposed Saturdays would work for me. Would be a nice way to touch base with everyone during the slow winter months

Tom
I think that is the Sheraton Tara. That's a good location but let's not forget about our LX/Charger forum members from south of us. I know there are alot of NY/NJ members that are always interested in getting together. That's a good suggestion though Tom. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I think that is the Sheraton Tara. That's a good location but let's not forget about our LX/Charger forum members from south of us. I know there are alot of NY/NJ members that are always interested in getting together. That's a good suggestion though Tom. Thanks.
thats true, wasnt trying to leave anyone out was just going with a train of thought of our usual grouping of gang for a central location.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Yeah, and if it is snowing, I'll be sure to bring the Wrangler so I can tow your high horsepower, rear wheel beasts, you all have, out of the snow drifts. :)
Great idea! It would be cool to have it (I know it is a distance for some of you) at F1 in Boston. That way we can really see how everyone does on a race track (small version) :)

Bob

·
Registered
641 Posts
The cars at F-1 only go about 20mph but it feels like 50.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
are those things big enough for us heavyweights?? There are a few of us, myself included, that may not even hit 20 in those things!

·
Registered
641 Posts
The racing suits they make you wear are pretty tight as well as the helmets. The prep work to race takes longer than the actual race. Its not who finishes first its who ever has the best time. the place looks real cool and the restaurant is O.K. but I expected more from the racing experience.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Aarons has used Holiday inn in Worcester and holyoke for X-mas parties over the past 6 years as well as The big hotel off of 91 right at the enterance to hartford and 84 heading south.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aarons has used Holiday inn in Worcester and holyoke for X-mas parties over the past 6 years as well as The big hotel off of 91 right at the enterance to hartford and 84 heading south.
I was thinking of Hartford, or possibly Windsor Locks as they have lots of Hotels. This would depend on forum members from the NY/NJ area attending. If not, then something closer to Boston area. Rob, do they give Aarons a discounted rate?

·
Registered
642 Posts
we'll talk soon i have some knowledge in setting these things up
could this be the first official function of the NEMC

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I say come and do it in Florida :) No snow here!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Take care folks, call me about Meet and Greets some time, Im done with this forum.

Been fun
Tom

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sounds great however I would need to give a last minute ok for my crew as my hubby's Christmas party usually falls in the firat two weeks of Dec. I will check back and see what's up and give you a definite probably closer to the date. :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Take care folks, call me about Meet and Greets some time, Im done with this forum.

Been fun
Tom
Yeah, my thoughts exactly CTCRUZER...where'd this come from??

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
There was a post in this thread from someone and it was directed at Tom, they have now deleted it.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
It was very mean... Telling him to go kill himself etc. Some people have no class.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts