Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a lot of people doing the 0 - 60 chirp 1st to 2nd on their Daytonas. I have taken a few 0 - 60 times but have yet to break the tires loose on the shift. Is there a special trick to this? Would it have to do with the tires, they currently only have ~2500 miles on them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Predator---- adj. your shift firmness

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I've broken traction a few times with my charger but I dint have a pred yet:(

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
yea i can chirp mine everytime 1to2 without the predator i couldnt

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
X3!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I could do it frequently when my tires were shot :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do u guys do it without the predator?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
if i had an srt i would hope to be able to cherp the tires without the predator, i would say it is alittle more than a cherp. i mean we are talking abour what 100 more hp

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
what's the point?

:clap: X2 ... Can someone please tell me in plain english WHY you would think chirping tires is SUCH a GOOD thing ? :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i was responding to i dont need a stinkin predator

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Its cool, thats why!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
its power and lots of it that is the point

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Its not cool. its stupid. If your in high school and like revving your car in nuetral then sure its cool> Otherwise everyone else realizes "chirping the tires" is a loss of traction/waste of power/waste of gas/dangerous to your driveline/ and does nothing but slow you down.

So if you think your cool chirping tires your oxymoronic. "look at me i'm super fast going nowhere"

Break a halfshaft> then you'll be really cool. Getting pulled to the end of the track buy a atv is super cool :no:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
some people like it and others dont, thats alright but you dont have to get so personal about it man its my car you do what you want and i will do what i want. be cool man no need to get bent out of shape over somethink like this.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its not cool. its stupid. If your in high school and like revving your car in nuetral then sure its cool> Otherwise everyone else realizes "chirping the tires" is a loss of traction/waste of power/waste of gas/dangerous to your driveline/ and does nothing but slow you down.

So if you think your cool chirping tires your oxymoronic. "look at me i'm super fast going nowhere"

Break a halfshaft> then you'll be really cool. Getting pulled to the end of the track buy a atv is super cool :no:
To each their own.

Thanks to those who replied to my question, no thanks to those who went off track into their own rant.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts