Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am mad :mad: I found two little minor chips in my paint. One in the hood and one in the rear passenger side door. I need some help on how to repair this small litlle chips. What is the best way to deal with this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
sorry to hear about that but these things happen. I got a door ding from someone in a parking lot the third day I had mine. It is on the rear door molding so have not done anything yet. Not very noticable. But you can go to the dealer and get some touch-up paint and do it yourself or some dealers have really good detail guys that can do it for you or go to the good old body shop and they will be expensive because they have to paint a wide area for blending. Hope it all works out for ya.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The local dealer for my last car had a guy who could fix paint nicks so they were not noticeable. He generally charged $10 unless he had to buy paint. Ask your dealer (i.e., the guys in the body shop) who they use. I bet they have someone local. If not, start calling reputable body shops.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
How 'bout the Duplicolor Scratch Fix 2 in 1 Premium Touch-Up Repair Kit? Anyone ever use this?

I also have a couple of nicks, and I'm trying to find the best way/kit to fix them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
having sold cars, I did my fair share of touch-ups.... here's what I did to make it work and almost untraceable....

buy touch-up paint
don't ever EVER use the brush that comes with it....
the secret is to go very thin, in layers, to fill up the chip...
depending on the size of the chip, I may thin the paint.... careful... different manufacturers use different based thinners...
put a drop on old plate or something and add a small drop of thinner... mix and fill with a SMALL THIN ARTISTS BRUSH.... just enough to lay a thin layer in the chip. Let dry or dry with hair dryer... about half an hour later, do it again... repeat until it's filled....
use maguiars scratch removing polish and apply some elbow grese when the paint is good and dry... reapply paint if needed...
then just use any polish needed to remove any extra paint being careful nto to remove the paint you put into the chip.... top off with a good quality wax...

I've never shared this with anyone - - only by brothers and sisters in Charger-world.... :wink:

seriously, though - - it works really well... the secret is to TAKE YOUR TIME... there is no rush...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts