Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any difference? The only thing I can tell that seperates the two is price. Oh, and it looks like the Mopower one kinda wraps around a bit more on the sides. No? Enlighten me people. I'm looking at one or the other and want to make a good choice. Any quality issues with either? Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i believe the mopower is a bit larger and wraps around the front more...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
IMO, the mopower is too big and wayyyyyyyyyyy too exspensive

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I personally like the mopower spoiler but couldn't justify the price difference.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok I don't know what the price is on the Mopower spoiler, but the, Mopar Parts spoiler has a MSRP of $90.75 plus most dealers will give you a 10% discount if you ask nice.

I also think that the smaller Mopar spoiler looks better, in my opinion anyway. :clap:

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
My $ .02

The MoPower spoiler is, without a doubt, much more 'beefy'; it changes the look of the car (IMHO). The stock Daytona/R&T spoiler looks good, though, and my car came with it stock, so no need to switch.

If I had no front spoiler, and I had to buy one, and if money was no object...I'd have to go with the MoPower.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The only chin spoiler worth that kind of money is hanging off Jay Leno. :lol:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
the mopower is definitely a lot nicer but i heard its like $350 unpainted?
LOL. Who told you that?! He sells them on Ebay for $200-225, and if you PM him here or LX Forums he might give you a forum discount (his discretion of course).

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have the Mopower grill, but I dont think I will be going with the spoiler. It looks nice, and if I didnt have one at all I would consider it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Buy the mopower spoiler and sell me your flat black one. :lol:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
they are a $150.00 plus $50 shipping......just ordered mine fri.

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dammit! You all make good points....at first I thought I liked the Mopower better because it wraps around a bit more....but the cost.....now I'm not sure, maybe I like the Mopar one.....feck. Someone should just donate one to me and whichever one it is, that's what I'll go with! :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well...

I was cleaning a couple bug splats off the nose of my car today and while laying on the ground I noted that on at least 4 occasions my OEM chin has drug something.

If it was not ABS and very flexible, it could have been chewed up worse I suppose.

Secondly, if I do chew it up, I like that cheap replacement price.

I'm the worst finatic about keeping my car perfect, and I STILL ground the chin a few times now. If I had the high dollar chin and messed it up I would be tweaked!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You make a good point, X E Ryder.....what's the Mopower one made of? Is it fiberglass or plastic? The website doesn't say. I agree, if I crunched the more expensive one and it wasn't flexible and got shredded...I'd be pretty sad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts