Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys i just got my Daytona chin spoiler from UPS today and i had a question about the install. I've read multiple threads about the install and I'm just wondering if anyone has used plastic push rives like these:

I figure these would be easier than bolts, and cheaper than a rivet gun. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Hey Guys i just got my Daytona chin spoiler from UPS today and i had a question about the install. I've read multiple threads about the install and I'm just wondering if anyone has used plastic push rives like these:

I figure these would be easier than bolts, and cheaper than a rivet gun. Any feedback would be great.
Your preference...I went to the dealership, and aksed to use their rivet gun.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
i don't think I would have faith in those due to vibrations maybe freeing them up. Just my thought but I would do the rivets or bolts.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i used the bolts them would be better i think

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks everyone i think I'm leaning towards the rivet gun. Hopefully i can find one here in town.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have those same push pin types

Harbor Freight did not have the right rivet gun for the plastic rivets here a year or so ago when I installed my chin spoiler.

I used the push pin type as you are asking about. Only had one loosen up any, my fault, caught it on a curb and it pulled loose. Pushed it back in and no issues.

Just to be correct, I may try Harbor Freight again, kind of like using factory stuff on my baby.

At the time I wanted that spoiler on my baby.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I used this combination & it worked great:
(Top side of chin spoiler) Nylon bolt next to nylon washer, next to neneoprene washer.
(Bottom of chin spoiler) + neoprene washer next to nylon washer, next to nylon nut.

The neoprene allowed for a tighter fit when tightening the chin spoiler to the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I used Harbor Freight rivet tool and rivets that came with spoiler - which is what Dodge uses.

DO NOT USE THE RIVETS THAT COME WITH THE TOOL FROM HARBOR FREIGHT! Cheap cheap cheap. I used them to practice with and 3/4 of them broke outright.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts