Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was hoping someone could help me solve this problem I keep having with my child safety locks. Every couple weeks I will have someone sitting in the backseat of my 2010 Charger and they can't get out because the child safety lock mysteriously switches on by itself. It happens a lot and I find myself putting my finger in the door and moving the little switch thing to the off position where it stays for a few days before switching on again. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what I can do to fix it. I'm sure in the future I will use it when I have kids but right now it's a bit of a nuisance. One night I almost threw up in the backseat of my Charger as our D.D. was driving me home because the safety lock had activated itself. Luckly my friend opened the door in the nick of time lol!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Me and another Charger owner were discussing just this problem today at a car show. He has determined it happens when whoever is sitting in the back tries to open the door before the locks are unlocked.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me and another Charger owner were discussing just this problem today at a car show. He has determined it happens when whoever is sitting in the back tries to open the door before the locks are unlocked.
That seems to sound right. I will go run some experiments with my brother to see if that is the case lol!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only my rear passenger side door does it, about once a month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts